The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice Please Guys

Guest davus

Hello everyone ive just registered and would like some advice...ive previously owned a skyline/cossy etc and im really tempted to look for a nice supra..can you recommend any decent importers that deal in modified examples as i would like one that has been modified so i can take it further...budget is quite flexible depending on the car..any help would be appreciated :)

Usual thing..

Do you want

1. UK or Jspec

2. NA or turbo

3. Manual or Auto..

Best thing to do is look around here, people do sell here, however someone should be able to put in the right direction..

I bought mine off someone on the board, and I got a good car... (YMMV)

Gav

Hmmm...

Jspec 6 speed... I've not seen a great deal of those around... to be honest...

Most of the manuals I've seen have been uk spec, which are slightly cheaper on the insurance, all the features, but higher on the mileage, and also you have to worry about the body work on a UK spec sometimes, with the salt and all that..

Gav

Hmmm...

Jspec 6 speed... I've not seen a great deal of those around... to be honest...

Most of the manuals I've seen have been uk spec, which are slightly cheaper on the insurance, all the features, but higher on the mileage, and also you have to worry about the body work on a UK spec sometimes, with the salt and all that..

Gav

Ive got a nice 6 spd for sale with full veilside kit , de-cat and Nur spec for sale , might even leave the Playstation and Moniter in it too :rolleyes:

Dude :devil:

can you recommend any decent importers that deal in modified examples as i would like one that has been modified so i can take it further...budget is quite flexible depending on the car..any help would be appreciated :)

I have three very nice Supra TT Manuals in at the moment - and an SZ aero available

Please feel free to email me for details/pics or call 07939 111 877

Cheers

Paul

cheers for the replies guys..im not bothered how far i have to travel and im looking for a manual really and if possible one with a nice big single turbo as i plan on going for big power as if i dont it will seems slow as my skyline was a bit nippy..lol

do you always talk to newbies with a bad attitude?..what is your problem?.. i asked a simple question for gods sake..im not avoiding paying anything..

If i was a so called skyline man i wouldnt be considering buying a supra would i?

To be honest i dont have to justify myself to you so i cant be arsed going on anymore..what a helpful bunch you lot are :mad:

Brian, chill, just cos he's a liner lover doesn't mean anything! :innocent: Jeez what would Neil say!!! (BTW I get it, seemed a bit "I had a liner so nur nur" but I think he was just trying to get away from the newbie assumption).

Anyhoo, I don't think many big single supes come up that often, maybe better going for a regular twin and modding from there. There are plently of BPU and BPU+ supes about so you shouldn't have much to do (and BPU+ is 'nippier' than the average liner anyway I'm sure!! :tongue: ).

LOL well a slightly more specific question might glean an actual response. As you haven't provided a very specific requirement. Your profile nor sig doesn't say where you are from it just says UK so to provide you any information on importers near you that does not help. As a skyline type person I am assuming that you realise that there are literally hundreds of importers so really a location is quite important.

What I was saying wasn't snotty it was basically how do you expect us to help you if you don't give us some basic requirements. The skyline comment is just a bit of freindly inter car type banter which if you look around on the forum you will see a fair bit of and not just directed as a personal insult at you.

Most importers of a reputable nature will source you pretty much any car you want. So in all fairness the easier thing to do is find an importer near you and then ask us if we have any feedback on that particular importer. Like the boys also say there are quite a few cars available privately and trader wise on this forum.

thats good matey. Now are you gonna help us to help you? Area (northern southern will do for now). Car type (looks like you want a 450-500 rwhp car) would also help to narrow down the field. Colour (is a criteria more than most think). Realistic intentional budget. Gadgets you would like on the car (theres lots make yourself familiar which are good gadgets and which are arse). And again look for either an individual car or importer and then ask some very pointed questions on board.

Finally don't take any shite from anyone on here as bad crap. We are usually a very freindly bunch (come to a meet might give you a good idea about us). just sometimes some of us get a few xmas spirits and let out our inner demons pmsl

ok i live in cheshire..not bothered by colour really...deffo want a manual..

I would love to find one with a big single turbo conversion as im aiming for 600hp and above in the future...want as many gadgets as possible..but if possible i dont want any huge bodykits as imo they ruin the car but i know japs love em. I Already have a racelogic traction control system here as i believe the standard one is pants..ive used this sytem before and it saved my arse on many occasion.Ill admit im not the stig of top gear or should i say i know my limits but big single power has been a blast in the past so i want it again.Budget wise anything up to 17k max and ill be a happy chappy. ;)

Dont think ive missed anything :D

sorry forgot to mention im not against two big turbo's either :D

So names of decent importers either in Liverpool docks or possibly Newcastle then for coveinience. If you are aiming for 600 rwhp then you are either looking to spend your full budget on a car that has that sort of power allready (you are talking about buying a known car from either japan or the UK here, buying a car that has allready been done and you don't know exactly and I mean exactly what has been done is iffy territory). For that sort of power you need to get a car that has gone through a reputable tuning house Jap-side or similar here. That or find yourself a standard car (no point in buying a car with a single on that hasn't got the power you want as it would be a waste of cash) for reasonable cash and have the work done yourself (it'll be a bit more expensive and a bit more nausiating but you will get a known element).

Cars also come up private sale on here with the BPU mods done allready which will save you money and most of these cars are known cars so you get a certain element of reassurance from that.