The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra's stance needs sorting

mplavery

Been bugging me since I have had my car painted with the stance on my Supra

I have always felt that my Supra's stance in not aggressive enough so I want to sort it now

My wheels have 5mm spacers all round at present which I don't like having due to the reduction of thread left on the studs and all my arches have but cut back when the body work was done

So

Here is the stance of the car so far .. Only pic's I could find showing how far the wheels go in

So I now have 20mm hubcentric spacers to go on the front which looks a lot better so 15mm further out

The rears are close to the arch already so I think 10mm in total should be enough so I will have to get extended studs

So I know its a simple job to change the rear studs if replacing with the same length but can you still get the extended studs in the same way or do you have to take the hub out..

Once I have done this I'm guessing its best to get the cars geometry checked too ?

Of course my other option is to change my wheels which I have been thinking about but don't want to spend a load of money in wheels just yet ... If I do I might go for a cheaper option like XXR wheels

I would have to sell my Works wheels but have no clue what they go for

Some thinking like this in black chrome

Your thoughs are greatly appreciated

Keep the works wheels, they suit your car perfectly IMO.

I believe ARP do extended wheel studs. They're not too difficult to change out, jack the car up, wheel off, press out the old studs (some people have just knocked them out with a hammer, but I personally wouldn't as it runs the unnecessary risk of damaging the wheel bearings) you can then pull the new ones through with open ended wheel nut tightened onto the stud.

I agree I do love my wheels but it want wider wheels at some stage .. Yep won't be bashing at my studs lol .. I have found these threads in how to ...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?245411-Fitting-ARP-Extended-Wheel-Studs&highlight=Arp+studs

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?61142-How-To-Replace-a-rear-wheel-stud

Do you know if the geometry will need checking after ?