The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mot...

a7x

sup went in this morning for an MOT... and failed on one thing... headlamp pattern there was none with it having plastic lens and we all know what happens with them in the end lol...

So had to ring round and do ebay and other places and on here as well to get a pair of glass one's...

and finally keron had one pair left... so I snapped it off from him but the price was well thank god I was sitting down at the time...

many thanks keron...

sup went in this morning for an MOT... and failed on one thing... headlamp pattern there was none with it having plastic lens and we all know what happens with them in the end lol...

So had to ring round and do ebay and other places and on here as well to get a pair of glass one's...

and finally keron had one pair left... so I snapped it off from him but the price was well thank god I was sitting down at the time...

many thanks keron...

I have got a spare set mate, your not that far off could of borrowed it off me (i dont like letting things go)

Guest kamiiboii

cloudy lenses will fail regArdless of them being oem because the light needs to ouput a pattern and that also needs to be calibrated for height so if i was you id make sure you adjust them before taking in for retest

They've got to be really, REALLY bad to fail for deterioration. I mean, really bad.

here is a picture of both plastic (above) and glass (below), you can see the damage of plastic after 20 years...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4207814090905&set=p.4207814090905&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4207814090905&set=p.4207814090905&type=1&theater

Edited by a7x
wrong url... (see edit history)

Just says I can't view the page

it'll let me put a url from a web page picture up but won't let me upload from my pc picture file...

is it anything to do that my camera size is 13 mega-pixel...