The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My project to return the supra back to the road begins

gavin.starr

Only really just made a start on this as im waiting for the weather to get better and stop peeing it down.

Removed the rad, aux belt, and battery etc...

And got a few parts sprayed up at work ready for when it all goes back together again.

Ive gone for a nice graphite grey as im going to get all my turbo hard pipes powder coated in a nice silver, so silver black and graphite gray is going to be the engine bay colour scheme.

And thats as far as im up to at the moment, Hope to get the engine out within the week or 2 weather and time depending, And then get is shipped off down to Paul for a refresh/rebuild plus many other new parts.

Gav

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only really just made a start on this as im waiting for the weather to get better and stop peeing it down.

Removed the rad, aux belt, and battery etc...

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p540/starrgavin/20140510_160948_zpsa90296fe.jpg

And got a few parts sprayed up at work ready for when it all goes back together again.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p540/starrgavin/20140512_151112_zpsc04888ec.jpg

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p540/starrgavin/20140512_151120_zps2cda5a27.jpg

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p540/starrgavin/20140512_151129_zps1dac8788.jpg

Ive gone for a nice graphite grey as im going to get all my turbo hard pipes powder coated in a nice silver, so silver black and graphite gray is going to be the engine bay colour scheme.

And thats as far as im up to at the moment, Hope to get the engine out within the week or 2 weather and time depending, And then get is shipped off down to Paul for a refresh/rebuild plus many other new parts.

Gav

It looks like your going for a similar look to what I just finished don't underestimate the cost of Stock Toyota gaskets and pipes lol

And Good luck

This is my shopping list as it stands

Toyota 2JZ Crank Pulley Bolt

Clevite 2JZ/1JZ Big End Bearing Set

Clevite 2JZ/1JZ Main Bearing Set

Clevite 2JZ/1JZ Thrust Washer Set

ARP 2JZ/1JZ Main Stud Kit

Toyota 2JZ-GTE Engine Gasket Kit

Garage Whifbitz 2JZ Welded Crank Sprocket

Toyota 2JZ/1JZ Crank Pulley

Toyota 2JZ-GTE & 1JZ-GTE Water Pump TT

Gates 2JZ Cambelt

Toyota 2JZ Cambelt Tensioner

Toyota 2JZ Cambelt Tensioner Pulley

Toyota 2JZ-GTE Piston Ring Set

Garage Whifbitz Aluminium Supra Radiator

Toyota Supra Thermostat

Garage Whifbitz 1.3 bar Rad Cap

Toyota 2JZ-GTE Coil Pack Clip

Garage Whifbitz 2JZ 264 Camshafts

Syvecs S6 GP ECU

Syvecs Supra 2JZ Loom Adaptor

Pierburg Boost Control Solenoid

Syvecs Cal Switch

NTK Wideband O2 Sensor

Syvecs Knock Sensor

Syvecs Map Sensor

Garage Whifbitz Fuel Pulsation Dampener Removal Hose

Walbro 255LPH fuel pump kit

Sard Injectors 2JZ-GTE & 1JZ-GTE Fitment

Garage Whifbitz Supra Front Mount Intercooler Kit

Garage Whifbitz 2JZ/1JZ Billet Engine Pulleys

Garage Whifbitz 2JZ Idler Pulley

AEM AFR Gauge

Garage Whifbitz 2JZ/1JZ-GTE Coil Pack Set

NGK Iridium Spark Plug Set

Toyota Supra TT Cam Cover Breather Hoses

Garage Whifbitz Silicon Rad Hoses Supra TT

Plus a set of Pauls new Hybrids hopefully once its all finished off.

if that is all you wanted Suprash the full gasket kits are around £280 from Whifbitz.

They aint fella, I got my discounted through Tim (TB Developments), mine included full engeine gasket set, inlet and all exhaust gaskets, head gasket, cam gaskets, even what looks like stem seals too, oil pickup o rings, every little fucking o ring you can think of, it dont sound like you boys have ordered what is properly known as a full engine gasket set, cause trust me, its hella more expensive then £280 lol.

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php/toyota-1099.html

Is that not it? I dont want to ruin gavs build thread but it would be helpful to know if there is a 3rd gasket set

Yeah, that would appear to be it lol, just dont go buying a full piston ring set, mains, thrust and big end bearings on top then cause thats obviously what bumps it up to £800 lol, oh plus a new oil pump, that wont help ha :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Again ive been quite busy the last few weeks.

But ive managed to get a fair bit done today, so hopefully the engine will soon be out.

Some home made gate hinges I designed and built myself. Rocking some Abec 11 rollerblade ballbearing for smooth operation. :cool:

New 100mm x 100mm post installed, fence panel cut along wit the concrete slab to suit the new post.

A hanger on the house side.

my newly welded and painted up frames.

Facia boards painted and attached, should stop people from seeing whats going on up my drive.

So today i got the supra jacked up nice and high to give me plenty of space to work underneath.

Removed my HKS exhaust to discover lots of rot on the weld. With not enough meat to weld it up without melting through it. so looks like a new one is going to be required.

I didnt take any more pics today but ive removed the PS pump, AC pump and all the pipe work associated with both, ecu wiring loom is out and al the cables unplugged. So hopefully tomorrow i shall unbolt everything underneath an pull the old girl out.

Easier said than done lol.

Gav

Quick question for people that have removed their engines in the past. Whats the best height to have the car at. Obviously the gearbox needs to drop so the engine lifts at the front.

My car is currently about 2 foot off the ground. Would it be better if I lowered the front and kept the rear elevated.

Any help would be great as its all most ready to come out.

Gav

Id say keep it level and raise it approx 18-24 inches at least. I had mine on railway sleepers which was a great help. Putting it back in is the real test youll need a small trolley jack to push the gearbox up whilst lower in the engine.

Very busy day for me today.

Prop shaft out.

Everything unbolted and hoist moved into place.

Lifting begins.

all done for the day. I dont think ive done too bad considering ive been on my jack jones doing it all.

My choice of shower gel this evening was er well swarfega lol. :blink:

Where is going to be my best place to get replacement rubber hoses from for the ps resevoir,as ine were rock hard so I just crunched them up to remove it.

Im going to be installing my greddy plenum so I may need to use some longer hoses to run the resevoir some where else in the engine bay.

Gav