The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Movie Review

Scott

Not sure how many movie fans there is, but thought I would start a thread on the latest and greatest. What are you watching, what did you think of it? Recommended or not?

Just watched Pompeii, thoroughly enjoyed it but it's not exactly scientific or realistic. It does for a historical volcano exactly what Titanic did for boats. It ticks all the cliche boxes...

Impossible Romance - Check

Vengeance - Check

Opposing Equals - Check

Bad guy you want to see die screaming - Check

Animal Whisperer - Check

What it also has is some of the most stunning on screen visuals I have ever seen. The real meat and potato's of this movie is what it does for the eyes and ears. Most of the depiction centres on the fire and brimstone side of the volcano rather than the suffocating ash (hence why it's not very true to life) but it's a wowing experience and the "filler" storyline does enough to keep you entertained throughout.

Very solid 7/10. The budget really made this film decent :)

Just about to check out Jack Ryan - Shadow Recruit......... not expecting a lot.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy a good movie, though a lot it is difficult to sit through as it is all the very same. Nice tick list by the way ;)

Sounds like it might be worth a watch.

You watched Raid 2 yet?

It's a stereotypical disaster movie, but it's definitely nice to watch.

I've not seen Raid 1 lol.

I find most films a complete waste of time now, so many remakes or similar based story lines, all playing it safe to maximise profits.

Film content has been dumbed right down and replaced by special effects or action that is so fast you can barely make out whats going on, the so called darker movies are literally just that, dark to the point you can fapping see a thing.

The last film I really enjoyed was a documentary about Senna.

A film about file servers? ;-)

I actually laughed out loud in the cinema when the trailer came on, pointing at the screen saying "Hahaaa a film about storage..." I look to the right and all my mates are giving this weird... "Okaaaaaaay" look :D

I watched Pompeii last night and didnt really enjoy it (luckily it was a DL), the scenes from the arena didn't create much atmosphere like they did in example Spartacus. I only watched it because it had John Snow from Game of Thrones which is what I am about to watch now.... ;)

I will be watching Godzilla this weekend though ;-)

A couple of recent movies I've seen and would like to comment on:

Killing them Softly - no no no no. Just no. Appalling and pointless. Don't waste your time.

Seven Psychopaths - absolutely outstanding IMO. I can't really explain why, but I loved this. All the characters were interesting and the plot unexpected.

I watch waaaaay too many movies!

I watched 'bad neighbours' at the cinema on Saturday and thought it was hilarious!

Stupid humour at its best

Crude jokes, laugh out loud scenes, USA mocking then selves. If you like previous Seth Rogen movies, you've love this. Even disneys zac efron is good in it.

• 5 weeks later...

I will be watching Godzilla this weekend though ;-)

How was it?

A couple of recent movies I've seen and would like to comment on:

Killing them Softly - no no no no. Just no. Appalling and pointless. Don't waste your time.

Seven Psychopaths - absolutely outstanding IMO. I can't really explain why, but I loved this. All the characters were interesting and the plot unexpected.

I enjoyed Seven Psychopaths but I didn't think it was great TBH. The ending was good though :)

I watch waaaaay too many movies!

I watched 'bad neighbours' at the cinema on Saturday and thought it was hilarious!

Stupid humour at its best

Crude jokes, laugh out loud scenes, USA mocking then selves. If you like previous Seth Rogen movies, you've love this. Even disneys zac efron is good in it.

Someone commented on this on FB saying it was absolute tripe. Might have a look at it afterall.

I've not watched anything for a little while. I've been re-watching House on Netflix (awesome series).

Anyway... Just spotted this......

[video=youtube;Nvj-WfqdbsU]

• 2 weeks later...