The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bride STYLE seats

JeroenK.

I couldnt find a topic where this was covered, so i decided to open one.

As am looking for a nice set of new seats for my supra (the stock seats give no support for cornering etc). I found alot of sites (and ebay) offering bride STYLE seats. Ive always wanted Bride seats if i were to have a JDM car, but paying 1000+ euros for a single seat is a big nono as a college student.

Does anyone on here have the Replica seats (and are man enough to admit this)? curious as to the experiences people have with these?

2 links where to get them:

http://www.knightracer.com/shop/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=bride&category_id=0

http://www.s-tuningparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=30

Guest Nicholas

All I'd say on this is in the event of an accident a seat can save your life, if you skimp it could be very dangerous. Why not buy Recaro's they are a lot cheaper.

same price as brand new practically, and thn i dont need to pay the shipping either to holland... :p but any experiences?

I'm sitting on stock leathers so can't help you with that question pal.

But in most cases you get what you pay for... :innocent:

bollocks...i have fake/replica/copy/whatever bride seats in my honda. perfect support. dont believe the bs of your head getting ripped off or whatever in an accident. the same can happen with high end/expensive seats.

its the same with the xs power/cx racing turbo kits. 99% of people will offer advice without a solid foundation or experience in the particular product.

if you want it go for it !!

bollocks...i have fake/replica/copy/whatever bride seats in my honda. perfect support. dont believe the bs of your head getting ripped off or whatever in an accident. the same can happen with high end/expensive seats.

its the same with the xs power/cx racing turbo kits. 99% of people will offer advice without a solid foundation or experience in the particular product.

if you want it go for it !!

Terrible advice and also wrong.

the seats that toyota put in the car passed all the relivent crash tests in that chassis. if i feltthe need to change the seats id have oem ones trimmed up in a new fancy way. plus the oem seats are low, comfy, and a nice shape withthe added bonus of just fitting :)

Haha, funny you bring up the stock seats, cause i hate them!! there not low enough for me, and they have bollocks support for my lower back! thats the biggest reason for me to swap them out.

I think you're going to have a hard time finding seats lower than the stock seats? most aftermarket seats will sit higher in a supra as far as I'm aware, except the oem recaro's. I actually find the stock seats relatively good compared to other seats, lots of support and no issues sitting in them for a long time, maybe yours are badly worn?

I think you're going to have a hard time finding seats lower than the stock seats? most aftermarket seats will sit higher in a supra as far as I'm aware, except the oem recaro's. I actually find the stock seats relatively good compared to other seats, lots of support and no issues sitting in them for a long time, maybe yours are badly worn?

Corbeau pro series with johns low seat mounts sit lower.

Ok, good to know! :thumbs: But I had the impression most other seats came out higher, but please correct me if I'm wrong:blush:

With the standard supra rails yes, but with low seat mounts I no the corbeaus literaly sit me on the floor, not sure about any other makes

I'm 6.3 so low is the way to go!