The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question regarding US/UK/JAP/EURO spec supras

Al Massey

My question is referring to the brakes and how they're fitted to the hub.

Now I know there is large brakes predominately UK, and the small Jap spec.

I also know you can swap and change between the two.

Was there any other set up?

The reason I ask is that my tarox brakes don't fit, the mounting bracket is off.

I've just had an email back from tarox stating that they have two brackets, one for normal supra one for grey import.

Which confused me.

Now they've given me the cad drawings for both mounting brackets so I can check which one I currently have, and if the other is what I need.

So was there another brake setup or different hubs where the carriers bolt to?

Maybe they are from a mkiii? Never heard of any others oem to the mkiv tbh

I thought of that, but the kits are specific to the mkiv, and has dates it's used for.

I was thinking maybe front and rears.

I just need to measure the distance between the mounting holes on the hubs I think

Some Jspec's also came with the bigger 4 pot front and 2 pot rear setup like the UK's so might be worth mentioning to them.

From their response I can only assume when they refer to the grey import they are thinking 2 pot front and 1 pot rear.

Some Jspec's also came with the bigger 4 pot front and 2 pot rear setup like the UK's so might be worth mentioning to them.

From their response I can only assume when they refer to the grey import they are thinking 2 pot front and 1 pot rear.

I've managed to measure the front hub, and found out I need the other mounting bracket.

And I knew UK and Jspec were the same.

So is euro and us spec still the same?

I'm pretty sure it is.

So now I need to measure the rear hub, or find measurements for the mounting points and see if that is where their confusion lies.

ive had tarox brakes on a supra before. they had a separate mounting bracket too but still had to elong-gate the hub carrier holes slightly to fit....

all mkiv supra hub carriers have the same mounting positions on all models... (front and rear are different)

ive had tarox brakes on a supra before. they had a separate mounting bracket too but still had to elong-gate the hub carrier holes slightly to fit....

all mkiv supra hub carriers have the same mounting positions on all models... (front and rear are different)

Yeah, I read that the hubs needed modifying so I started mine then realised that it's too far out, so messaged tarox and they are sorting it out for me.

Do you have a rear hub free you can measure the mounting points for me?

Id be getting brakes that fit rather than modifying the hubs personally :)

It's the mounting bracket that is supposed to be a direct fit, but a few members said they had to file the hole slightly for alignment.

But that's because tarox have the wrong mounting bracket for the supra.

But they have a different version that will fit now I've worked it out

Good luck mate :)

Cheers, to be fair Tarox have been amazing.

They said if there other bracket doesn't fit, they make a brand new one from my hub to get it perfect.

Now that is customer service, and all for free, so they can get mine and future customers spot on :)

Just an update of anyone is interested.

Tarox have confirmed the mounting bracket they have is wrong.

They have found the correct one and will be sending me them free of charge even though I did not purchase through them.

They will be updating their website and records so no one else with have the same problem.