The mkiv Supra Owners Club

For sale threads

Scooter

If we are going to deem some for sale ads as lacking such that they are locked, is there perhaps a need for a simplistic template for the bare essentials for an ad, with perhaps say a photo must be added in 48hrs etc?

It would please those that seem to get (over) excited about the lack of detail in ads but also give a standard look to ads going forward with the usual room for detail most willingly provide below that?

It is basic common sense, you want to sell something you supply as much detail as possible to maybe, I dunno have a good chance of selling it?!?! No one is going to write the perfect ad (although my Volvo ad 2 months back was mighty fine :D), but a good solid attempt should be the minimum.

The pictures, thing too. I will take pictures when I have time and washed the car......... Any pictures are better than none.

It is basic common sense, you want to sell something you supply as much detail as possible to maybe, I dunno have a good chance of selling it?!?!

I agree but it effects them, not us? I don't get the reaction of slagging off adverts really. All I was saying is that if you take the step to pull one ad then there needs to be clear guidelines on why that isn't acceptable but others are, where is the tipping point?

I agree but it effects them, not us? I don't get the reaction of slagging off adverts really. All I was saying is that if you take the step to pull one ad then there needs to be clear guidelines on why that isn't acceptable but others are, where is the tipping point?

Well said.

If someone hasn't bothered to spend time on the advert, don't bother replying back. Especially if you are not interested in buying. Everyone has different standards to what they would find acceptable as an advert. You just need to look at things like eBay/Autotrader and these are PAID adverts.

Again..... If you don't no the difference between a good thought out advert and a half arsed attempt you shouldn't be able to sell at all.

I can't see your point at all.

Putting an advert together is simple, i also think the system Is perfect as it is without the need for a template, good adverts stay and bad ones get locked.

The difference between a good advert and a bad one is easy and again if this needs explaining just go to the for sale section and have a look

Of course it affects the buyer. There is nothing more fustrating than an item coming up for sale which has been advertised by a plonker, would you buy a "well serviced engine" off someone who can't even put an informative advert together?

Can the forum then not look into having hard coded template in for sale adverts? We already have the for sale section split enough so coming up with a good generic list for a basic ad would not be difficult? The only difficulty maybe would be the 'other items' section and the policing of it, although that would be quite quick as having stuff hardcoded would mean the minimum requirements are there straight away

Standard stuff like and not limited to

Make/Model

Year

Mileage

Tax

MOT

Modifications

Good points

Bad points

It is truly not a difficult thing to post up an ad with detail after all the seller knows the item they are selling?? And solution above would be a good starting point and basis of standards needed or threads locked.

Everyone has different standards to what they would find acceptable as an advert. You just need to look at things like eBay/Autotrader and these are PAID adverts.

Agreed in the standards, no one is going to ever be able to detail everything that is just not realistic.

Also regarding the example of paid adverts is all very good, but we as a club, a place generally for enthusiasts do not really need to have to follow the crowd, we could and can be different. It is never going to solve the problem of buying a car that may have an issue with it, but it could help? I dunno maybe a bit blue sky.

Of course it affects the buyer. There is nothing more fustrating than an item coming up for sale which has been advertised by a plonker, would you buy a "well serviced engine" off someone who can't even put an informative advert together?

Well currently if that's your opinion (and I wouldn't particularly argue against it) you can easily see these ones and ignore them. Change it so everyone produces the perfect ad and you won't?

Can the forum then not look into having hard coded template in for sale adverts? We already have the for sale section split enough so coming up with a good generic list for a basic ad would not be difficult? The only difficulty maybe would be the 'other items' section and the policing of it, although that would be quite quick as having stuff hardcoded would mean the minimum requirements are there straight away

Standard stuff like and not limited to

Make/Model

Year

Mileage

Tax

MOT

Modifications

Good points

Bad points

It is truly not a difficult thing to post up an ad with detail after all the seller knows the item they are selling?? And solution above would be a good starting point and basis of standards needed or threads locked.

I agree this was basically my original point......fill in this sort of generic list/template of basic details/facts and you are good to go, if you can't/won't it won't appear or will be locked.