The mkiv Supra Owners Club

removed rain guards.. how to remove double sided tape?

msupra1

After removing the rain guards, it has left a lot of the doubles sided tape on the trim.

The trim on the car is looking also a bit dull

So what's the best way at removing all the glue without damaging or staining the trim?

and what kind of product should I use to restore the trim on the car? make it a deeper black basically.

Figured I'd ask as I've never this specifically before.

cheers

I would use some Tardis -tar & glue remover. Several products are available to restore the trim, i would recommend autoglym bumper care, but this would require more regular treatment. Or if you want something that will provide much more durability, at a higher cost, then look at GTechniq C4 trim restorer

Christian

The easiest way to remove the double sided sticky tape is by using a hair dryer to warm it up and then it just peels straight off.

As for removing the glue that left i usually use nail varnish remover as its not to harsh and won't damage the plastic.

On the plastics is use this stuff

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s-Plast-X-Clear-Plastic-Cleaner-and-Polish/16550253

works a treat