The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Breakdown Cover

Tayfun.tugra

I've got a few long distance trips planned and thinking about getting breakdown cover for the Supra, mainly because the boot build has taken priory over the spare wheel :D

Insurance cover for recovery was a joke of a price so I didn't get it.

What breakdown cover do you guys recommend? or what to avoid. What I really need is recovery to take the car home.

Can many loaders even accompany a supra?

Response time is not a major factor, but unlimited call outs and any car that i'm in would be nice.

cheers.

Best advise is check your bank account, my lloyds account covers me with full AA cover inc breakdown/recovery and hire car

They also chuck in free moblie cover and hoilday insurance

:yeahthat:

However check the small print on what is "actually" covered, some only offer road side assistance then charge if you need toed. Other offer more.

In regards to cover on cars, most of the major breakdown companies AA, RAC, Greenflag cover the member not the car. So you could be a passenger in someone car and you can call them out if you breakdown.

I am with RAC, full breakdown and recovery etc and it is one thing I will never ever be without. Even used them to get locking wheel nuts off.

£150 for a year :scare:

Look at it another way, £150 is a lot of money. Try and get toed home for that amount, £150 is a bargain when you consider the alternative. It is like any insurance, it is a rip off until the day you actually need it. (house & car type of insurance only)

Look at it another way, £150 is a lot of money. Try and get toed home for that amount, £150 is a bargain when you consider the alternative. It is like any insurance, it is a rip off until the day you actually need it. (house & car type of insurance only)

I can quite remember what I get for that but it's fairly comprehensive insurance, from memory I don't get home start but I get a lot of others including onward repatriation

So I've checked some bank accounts and Barclays comes in at £8.50 per month with just a 10 mile tow and £13.50 for the full UK & European cover and all that other travel stuff.

Nationwide is £10 per month with all the goodies but I believe I must make that my main account.

Halifax is £15 per month.

Looking at green flag at the moment anybody had experiences with them? £70 for the year seams reasonable