The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre choice and where to buy

N-Mir

Hello, I noticed loads of threads on various topics but could not find something on tyres. Just wondering what you all preferred as in brands, new or part worn and where is a good place to buy. Thanks You

Hello, I noticed loads of threads on various topics but could not find something on tyres. Just wondering what you all preferred as in brands, new or part worn and where is a good place to buy. Thanks You

Ahh the search button must be faulty again. Luckily it still works for me

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?304927-Tyre-recommendations&highlight=tyre+recommendation

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?306800-New-tyres&highlight=tyres

And part worns, personally would never go for part worns as would not trust previous owner.

Thank you, people mentioned websites for tyres that I never heard of and the tyres are 20% cheaper or more which is really cool. Everyone seems to like tyre brand vredestein and ive never heard of them before. Thanks James

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Standard
Do people run winter and summer tyres? I'm just after a good all round tyre with decent grip in the wet and dry

Tommy, most of the popular/affordable tyres are classed as all year round, but do not vary much from the so called 'summer' specific tyres. What you're more likely thinking of are limited pattern/track compound/slicks, which would be of course for dry conditions.