The mkiv Supra Owners Club

right pee'd off, bloodly tyres

supraGZaerotop

not long had all my tyres replaced to solve a strange handling issue, which it did. last wenesday i noticed the car felt a bit odd (vibration) going down the motorway at a fair few leptons, and on lift off the car was pulling to the left a bit. i never thought it was tyres because i just had them done. just went around the car now checking pressure as the tyres looked ok, bloodly low profiles. 30, 30 ,30 and :shock: 10 psi and this damage, WTF :mad::complain:

well the issue i had with my handling meant i didint know if it was tyres or the rims, so i didint want to put brand new rubber just just in case. i decided to go partworn and next year or so, brand new all round. think it was £85 i gave for it thinking now, so you think its not a knife wound then,

you payed 100 for a second hand 265/35/18? you must be mental

id love pigeons, oh I mean customers like you

and it not a knife, it where they run underinflated and pinch in the rim , hence the accompanying bulge

30 psi is too low for the other 3 as well, should be more 34 +

to be honest i normally run 36 in them all, was only 2 3 weeks ago i had them all changed and the tyre garage only puts 30 in all round, i just hadint got round to top them

yeah, but then at the time i couldint go £700 for tyres all round so i payed £280 for a set with between 5.5 -8mm instead, ive done it before in the past, you can get some great bargains in part worns. but yeah, you got to make sure theyre good. anyhow i need to find another 265/35/18 conti contact 3 now, anyone got 1 for sale in good order with at least 4mm

Never gamble with tyres.
Edited by supraGZaerotop (see edit history)

will keep note of that thanks, you are a tyre dealer then? ive just ordered another bloody partworn now because im stuffed other wise, not driving it with that tyre on there now. just paid £37 delivered, for 3.8 mm lol, even tread and no repairs and no wall damage, just to get me by for now

i could do decent new one for around the price you payed for 2nd hand tyres

yeah, but then at the time i could go £700 for tyre all round so i payed £280 for a set with between 5.5 -8mm instead, ive done it before in the past, you can get some great bargains in part worns. but yeah, you got to make sure theyre good. anyhow i need to find another 265/35/18 conti contact 3 now, anyone got 1 for sale in good order with at least 4mm

True I suppose. As long as the person fitting them knows what they are doing and can see any potential problems then you can bag a bargain. A few people I know have had part worns and found them to have splits or small amounts of damage in them. Once you drive away you then take responsibility for the tyre.

just ordered up another partworn , the 3 others are good with no leaks so il make sure this one going on in the week now is checked over properly

True I suppose. As long as the person fitting them knows what they are doing and can see any potential problems then you can bag a bargain. A few people I know have had part worns and found them to have splits or small amounts of damage in them. Once you drive away you then take responsibility for the tyre.