The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost controller setup

Poshmalc

Hi guys,

Just got hold of a Greddy Profec E-01 boost controller and I need a little help setting up. I'm seeing massive boost figures and not sure why. I currently have the valve set at 50%, gain at 23 and the start point at 8.2psi. I'm running factory twins in ttc and could do with a little inside information if anyone can help. I've read all of the other topics that Google finds, but can't seem to work it out

Matt

I was having the same problem with mine, I worked out that it was fine with very low gain and start boost settings but as soon as I turned them up I got boost spikes. I have my value set at 57 % gain at 8% and start boost at .70 and it is much better at that. If you find out any more let me know as ive searched low and high aswell.

I just read a topic on Driftworks that said start at 0 gain, 30% on the solenoid and about the same start as you're running. Will have another play when the rain stops. I was seeing huge boost (20psi) it was f**king quick! but not turbo friendly. What are you seeing with those values?

I think either the solenoid or the actuator has had it to be honest mate. Not sure about the restrictor ring, only had it a year and never looked. Never over boosted to this extent before. I'll try running it without the solenoid tomorrow just to make sure. The wastegate actuator opens pushing with a bar, but if it keeps over boosting without the controller solenoid it may be the diaphragm in the actuator

Now I'm even more confused! Ran the wastegate straight off the turbo and still the Same result 19psi. Attached the actuator to a foot pump and everything is fine. Can a leak somewhere else in the turbo system cause this overboost? Anyone? Aaaaaaaaaagggggghhh!