The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Door Defender

Jellybean

Seen one of the guys in my parents place with them, Anybody get them ? They seem to be more geared for the a 4 door like a 5 series BMW.

Where I park with the width of the car , it is tight in there between my car and the two cars on each side.

From what I gather you get two 70cm cushions but I think a 70cm on each side will do for a Supra , only caveat I can see is the unit securoty cable is daisy chained between the two cushions so you may not be able to seperate

http://www.cmgdistributions.co.uk/index.php

http://3490818.test.prositehosting.co.uk/images/2_sm.jpg

How it works

The Door Defender car door protection system is sturdy, lightweight and fits any vehicle. Made with high intensity magnets,it easily sticks on your car door to protect it from dents and dings. It won't fall off, even in bad weather conditions. The Door Defender also promises not to mark or scratch your vehicle's paintwork

Important:

Door Defender will only work on vehicles with ferrous metal doors!

Installation of your Door Defender:

Step 1:

Hold the middle of the Door Defender in your two a hands with the cable loop down.

Step 2:

Separate the two bumpers and place the bumpers in the centre of your car doors, below the door handles parallel to the ground. It's that easy.

Step 3:

Security tether: If you need to install the security tether, simply drop the ball end of the tether inside your car via a slightly opened door and lock your car as usual. Your Door Defender is now secure.

Your vehicle is now protected.

Now here's the really clever bit:

The Door Defender actually makes people be more careful around your vehicle. How? Well our research has revealed that any vehicle fitted with this protection system naturally encourages people to take more care. That's because the Door Defender also creates an awareness where the uncertainty of the Door Defender's purpose ensures extra care is taken.

This also provides protection to the entire vehicle. When asked, members of the public stated that they thought the Door Defender would react in some way if it were touched, like an alarm or anti shock system etc.

Step 4:

Storage and Cleaning : Store and secure Door Defender in the boot of your vehicle. To clean use adamp cloth with warm water, dry with a clean towel. Use mild cleaner if necessary to remove stubborn dirt and grime.

Note: The Door Defender is intended to be used while your vehicle is parked. It is to be removed and stored in a secured place such as your boot before your vehicle is driven.

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

I'm going to stick some pipe insulation strips along the garage wall for a similar effect in case I manage to hit it. I have the benefit of not having other vehicles parked next to mine, but the garage is very narrow!

Mate of mine uses a couple of bits of old carpet on the walls of his garage to do the same job Matt.

I had considered that too... I might do both. Carpet behind with strips of pipe insulation across it. Just in case!!

Mate of mine uses a couple of bits of old carpet on the walls of his garage to do the same job Matt.

I had considered that too... I might do both. Carpet behind with strips of pipe insulation across it. Just in case!!

My garage is narrow and I have put old bits of carpet on the side for when I open my drivers door. I stuck the carpet to the wall using some "No More Nails" stuff or something similar about 8-9 years ago. It's still stuck up and never became loose or fallen off :)

My garage is narrow and I have put old bits of carpet on the side for when I open my drivers door. I stuck the carpet to the wall using some "No More Nails" stuff or something similar about 8-9 years ago. It's still stuck up and never became loose or fallen off :)

I was going to use screws with big washers on them but glue sounds much easier if it'll hold that well. I'm just a bit concerned about the top coming loose and flopping down on the car.

An architect once told me that the standard size specified on plans for a garage is the same size as specified in the 1940s. It's not the garage that's narrow but the car that's bigger.

I tried explaining that to the daft bint at the MOD housing, after she said and I quote "a garage is for parking cars, not for storing things or boxes"

An architect once told me that the standard size specified on plans for a garage is the same size as specified in the 1940s. It's not the garage that's narrow but the car that's bigger.

That is absolutely true.

As for these door defenders, save yourself some dough and go and buy a couple of lengths of Climaflex/Tubolit pipe insulation and use that. Same thing!

Not that I'd ever use them in public though.

Round here it would just give people more reason to try to hit my car on purpose.