The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring lap times.

Miguel

Seeing as there may be some planned trips to the "Ring" next year I thought it would be good to get some Supra ( or even other makes from members here) Lap times . So we can see what to aim for or even how our mods have helped or not to improve you times. So if anyone from here that has taken their supe around the Nurburgring would like to post their time (even if they took something else round) could copy and paste them it would give us all a benchmark to work from. Please put times and rough mods or BHP ...

7.49 for that 700 bhp Blitz Supra Driver unknown

9.30 ' 96 TT UK 6 Mods ? Bobbeh

Mine was about 11 mins tho, cos i was so worried about f***in it up and not being abel to get home.

Exactly :)

If the *offical* timing is from the old start finish straight, to the gantry on the finish line, I have a videod time of 9min 18secs and Im a complete track novice.

My car is stock but for a cat back exhaust system and fatter wheels.

Dunno mine, my first law of track days is never time yourself - you always end up trying a bit too hard to beat your time before you know the track (which in the case of the 'ring would take a good few years!).

Thats the voice of doom at Castle Coombe talking there lol. Must admit I put mine 180 at Silverstone V V embarassing as I was leading the pack at the time..... hero to zero in a fraction of a second.

Yeah, and do that at the ring and you're history!

Current record holder for a road car is the Radical SR3 Turbo, with a time of 7:19 btw. What's really amazing though is the overall lap record which is Stefan Bellof in a Porsche 956 in qualifying in 1983, 6:11!

6.11 Porsche 956 sports prototype.

7.19 Radical SR3 Turbo

7.49 for that 700 bhp Blitz Supra Driver unknown

9:18+ Mercedes E300 Twin Turbo AMG modified 1998

9.30 ' 96 TT UK 6 Mods ? Bobbeh

9:40+ Renault 21Turbo - Whitelightning 1995

11+ mins 97VVti TT stock - Timwildman 2004

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got my copy of "In car 956", a DVD from Duke that's basically loads of in-car footage from various tracks with Derek Bell driving a Porsche 956 in 1983. What an amazing DVD! There's a 6:41 lap of the 'ring on there, which is the 5th fastest time ever! It's mad, he's doing 195mph on the downhill section half way round. There's a couple of laps round Le Mans as well, before they put the chicanes in the Mulsanne straight. The Porsches were hitting 246mph down there apparently, certainly looks fast! If you have any interest in motorsport at all you have to see it.

I've got another DVD with a few laps on, the Skyline one, also from Duke. It's one of the original development drivers who's done 10000 laps round there going round in a seriously modded Skyline on a public day.