The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it just me or do body kits suck

rider

The Supra is a pretty decent looking car as it came out of the factory. Though pretty much everyone has changed the wheels. Some prefer to slap on more bits of plastic than an Airfix kit carries. Nice spec single turbo 6 speed on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-750bhp-hks-t51r-single-turbo-6-speed-1997-/171309937291?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27e2de328b

To my eye the kit on this car look hideously OTT. When will people learn stock cars attract more buyers and invariably because of that higher prices. I wouldn't give £10k for this car unless it came with a free paper bag with eye slots.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone has there own tast bud. Like me. I like that look. I like the orrigional look to but when I buy a car I don't worry about resale value. The car is for me

This. Too many people out there these day thinking about the pennies. People that mod do it for there personal taste not worrying about making a few quid when it comes to sell.

The kit on the car is pretty much standard OEM (bodywise) apart from the front bumper, front wings and the TRD wing. At the end of the day its all down to personal taste of what YOU want YOUR car to look like, there's always going to be people who like the kitted up look. I currently have a full kit on mine, but also have everything to go back stock if/when needed to. IMHO It just seems that everybody is following the "trend" again and going back stock, now that body kits don't seem to be popular anymore.

Thats better than some of the cars I've seen over the years. There'd be a few things I'd change on it if it was mine. Single Turbo install looks good, seems it may be known to SRD going by the rad. Would I pay £20K for it, no.

The Supra is a pretty decent looking car as it came out of the factory. Though pretty much everyone has changed the wheels. Some prefer to slap on more bits of plastic than an Airfix kit carries. Nice spec single turbo 6 speed on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-750bhp-hks-t51r-single-turbo-6-speed-1997-/171309937291?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27e2de328b

To my eye the kit on this car look hideously OTT. When will people learn stock cars attract more buyers and invariably because of that higher prices. I wouldn't give £10k for this car unless it came with a free paper bag with eye slots.

Mine probably more modded than that soooooooooooooooo

Screw you! i like my body kitted airfix supra with extra "speed holes" in the bonnet and wings

My uk car was dull as dishwater

[ATTACH=CONFIG]181871[/ATTACH]

How someone can say my old stock uk spec looks better than my current broken spec aero is behond me.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

I can kinda see what your saying, i do love a good stock car with a nice set of wheels on and i also like a kitted car (done right).. and yes there a lots of kits out there which are not to my taste.

Im sure if most of us had stock cars the (kitted) supra will be much more appealing how ever its has gone the other way now..

We all like modifying cars and its only so long untill the body starts changing as we want a different look

I look at my car and say, im not to keen on the look anymore and then i love it again..

At the end of the day its just a car lol Do what ever you feel you want to do to it ... you cant label a kitted cars as rubbish just because you dont like them lol

Can't really say the Supra in the OP is my cup of tea, but then again it's not my car so whatever.

Unfortunately there is a fine line between making a kit look awesome and it looking cheap & nasty.

Whilst the stock lines are beautiful, you only have to look at some of the posters in this thread like Kaan & Mplavery who have the kit look nailed to perfection and set a great example to how it should be done.

Think you are fighting a losing battle if you are buying a Supra for resell value, unless you get a really nice low mile/rare example.

Just be glad everyone is different, hate to think how boring it would be if everyone had the same setup.

I've seen that car in the flesh. Unless it's had some serious bodywork done to it, it's in a sh*t condition. :)

I'm sorry but even a stock supra can not fetch 30k odd, I've seen past few years single clean stock supras struggling to sell they end up breaking.

Yes they can, but not in the UK. On the continent (Europe), In the far east and in America, Supras are known to sell in excess of £30k. It's usually clean, low mileage stock cars that fetch these sums though, many highly modified ones will struggle to fetch that amount.