The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats the mines ECU worth

gavin.starr

I currently have a mines ECU fitted and will hopefully soon be upgrading to a syvecs :)

I just wondered what sort of money they fetch, its for a manual 6 speed, and currently fitted to my J-Spec. Im in need of a few extra bits for my eventual build so im hoping this may help towards buying some things.

Any help would be great.

Gav

I was thinking around the 300 mark, It should at least help out towards something

I'd say that's a good price, they do make quite a noticeable difference in response and performance compared to the stock ECU, definitely a good upgrade for anyone sticking with the stock sequential turbos.

No as it completely replaces the stock ECU.

Sorry I worded it wrong.

I have a uk spec supra. So can it be replaced by a J spec mines ECU?

- - - Updated - - -

I know that they are pretty rare now, I still have my standard ecu which i can use for moving the car about until I get my new ecu installed. So my Mines is somewhat surplus to requirements now.

If you do sell, look me up :)

I really wouldnt be able to say what it would work on. Apart from a j spec twin turbo engine. As thats what it is currently being used on.

Dim sum with regards to the uk spec it has larger injectors etc... which the mines isnt set up for as the j spec are 440cc I think from memory.

Sorry I cant be much more helpfull than that.

I have a uk spec supra. So can it be replaced by a J spec mines ECU?

No because the UK spec has bigger injectors and MAF sensor. It'll only work on a J-spec non VVTi manual 2JZGTE

- - - Updated - - -

Would this ecu work with a NA-TT 5 speed?

If it's a non-VVTi j-spec 2JZGTE then yes.

No because the UK spec has bigger injectors and MAF sensor. It'll only work on a J-spec non VVTi manual 2JZGTE

- - - Updated - - -

If it's a non-VVTi j-spec 2JZGTE then yes.

Thanks Nic, appreciate the info

gavin.starr I guess I can't buy it then.

Shame because I really wanted it :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...