The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tow hook body kits

jazz1

Ok my supra is going in for a full respray next month and I plan on somehow fitting some tow hooks, I have trial rear and do luck front. I would prefer to just fit one on the rear rather the front. Currently the only way I could fit a tow hook to the car is remove the front bumper and fit the hook which is always in my car. But I rather have one fitted than do all that if I had to use one etc. So to you body kit kit guys where is your tow hook as judging but most people I can not see one:cool:?

I don't mate. It was something I kept thinking about too, but I'm the same, I don't want one showing.

Well always keep one in your car then with tools to take of your bumper ;) incase they cheap on eBay.

- - - Updated - - -

Easy enough to do some careful measuring and use a screw in type, just need to make a threaded piece

for it to screw into which you would still attach to the leg , cut a round hole in the bumper and get

a clip in plug to fill the hole

Perfect :) where can I buy these plastic clip on plugs.

Where would that fit on a supra?

Or would you need to drill and tap

If it were me i would fabricate a bracket welded or bolted to the outer face of the chassis leg

with a tube welded to that with the same thread as the towing eye.

DSCF0827.JPG

Thanks DNK you. Even very helpfull, perfect :).

It might be possible to fit it elsewhere depending on the space you have behind the

bumper.

I was going to fit one on my car and have it coming through the center hole for the air

intake and just cut a small hole in the mesh, there was plenty of room to do this on my

car even with the HKS R spec intercooler, in my favour the hole in the TRD bumper

is quite big.

You could even fit it into the crash bar between the chassis legs then hidden behind

the reg plate.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...