The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Loving my car at the moment

hogmaw

No particular reason for posting this, but after 10 years ownership I've recently 'upgraded' from auto to V161 manual and it's brought a new lease of life into Supra ownership which has made me very happy. Finally got the BC coilovers sorted (thanks to SRD, who also did the conversion) and a few other things and driving home from work tonight on a Friday evening has put me in a good mood. I don't know if it's simply because I'm getting the hang of using the new clutch now it's starting to get worn in, or simply the fact that the road home was empty from start to finish, or just the sound of the engine when I change gear, it doesn't matter I'm just looking forward to the next 10 years, and I have a few (modest) plans already. :)

I'm itching to spend a fair bit on mine to make it 100% mint (and then start driving it again, poor car!). In my defence the little ones have kept me somewhat distracted the last few years...

As much as I still enjoyed it, driving the Nurburgring last year in my old 530d wasn't really the same sort of experience as doing it in the Supra!

Not driven mine for over a week now and I miss it :( but at least I'm catching up on the odd jobs needing done! Can't wait to take it out once the caliper is back!

I noticed after going manual the car is a lot louder than it was before as an auto, I do miss the auto box but I enjoy the V161 for a more spirited drive.