The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon dipping prices

mull1986

Hmmm. I know it's not cheap, so maybe. BUT u sure about the active spoiler? I'd say first little knock n flex, it'll crack the lacquer on it.

Very good point kitch thanks for the reply.

Hopefully someone has done this already and can share their expirence with it.

- - - Updated - - -

To help give you an idea on pricing

http://www.aquagraphix.co.uk/price-guide/

Looking into it now dnk, thanks, helpful as always :)

Price seems very fair, although, the active spoiler I have (not fitted yet) is painted in what looks like 202 black has cracked lacquer on it so that's has solved that one. I may just have to rub it all down to the original plastic. Great!! Lol

Thanks everyone

Price seems very fair, although, the active spoiler I have (not fitted yet) is painted in what looks like 202 black has cracked lacquer on it so that's has solved that one. I may just have to rub it all down to the original plastic. Great!! Lol

Thanks everyone

The white is a supra white and the black is a supra black :)

If it was me I'd just paint the lower lip black to suit the car and the active lip blade a Matt black so its noticeable.

The white is a supra white and the black is a supra black :)

If it was me I'd just paint the lower lip black to suit the car and the active lip blade a Matt black so its noticeable.

That's what the mrs said!!! My jaw dropped to the floor.

She secretly loves the supra me thinks.

Just really fancied the carbon look though, gutted!

You could once its been dipped and lacquered use some 3M clear tape to protect it, i used this round

all the wheel arches and on the ends of the side skirts, worked a treat at stopping stone chips.

Comes on a roll and in different widths and thickness's

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I think I've decided what I'm going to do, plastidip it a Matt dark greyish colour to match the colour of my dash which Dave is wrapping for me as we speak. Was planning to carbon dip the spoiler, the scuttle panel and get an exhaust surround all done like this but maybe to fragile with lacquer cracking and stone chips and scuffs etc and if I can't do one then I won't do any of it so I'll be enquiring about plastidip on Monday.

Really appreciate all you're comments fellas and I'll post some pics when it's all done as we all love to look at pics of other supra's :)

With plasti dip like any paint it's all in the prep! I can tell you what you need to no as I did my bike wheels, you need to key the surface up then use plasti dip primer (this is not available in a spray on application) you have to use a brush but dries smooth, then later up the actual plastidip.

My wheels have been through hell and still fine

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2014/04/737.jpg

Note the blue bike on the left in this pic.... He decides not to use primer and look what happend to his front wheel with 1 ride.....