The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerotop, in the boot?

Ric

Silly question time for me.

Just picked up another supra this time it's a aerotop.

Went for a little drive earlier with the roof off and for the life of me I couldn't get it to fit in the boot no matter which way I tried it, it didn't seem to click into the holders.

Does anybody have any pics or perhaps a video of how it's done?

Take the rear panel cover out and roll it up, I put it under the rear roof clips that pull up for the roof to sit on, make sure these are in the up position. Feed the roof in facing as it sits in the roof, from the drivers side (over the rear lights on that side). As you sit the front edge on the guides (behind the rear seat) push the roof forwards, there is some sort of spring system in there. It will then sit down on the rear clips (the ones that can be dropped). It should now sit in no probs.

Hope that makes sense. I'll try and take some pics. tomorrow if you don't sort it.

Ric did you get the Red TT aero (gold wheels) that was up your way?

I did.. Lot of changes due for it though, project thread coming soon :)

I tried the boot, I managed to get it sat in the fwd clips (paint upwards) and it seemed to fit there but it was miles away from the rear clips it wouldn't sit down on them.

not the best image but the only one I found on the net...

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3163/img3471.jpg

check the rear clips on this one.. Left one is down... Right one is up... to store your roof to the boot you need both to be up :)

• 2 weeks later...