The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Maximum boost level achieved with 2nd decat only?

Yarco

I guess this has been asked before but I can't seem to get a definative answer when I google it.

The simple questions I have are this, can I run 1.2 bar with just the second cat removed? If not what boost level is likey to be achieved? All I'm trying to work out is whether the full decat is worth all the fuss (mot). If I can get close to 1.2 bar anyway with just the second decat I'll be satisfied.

Feel free to paste any links to "topic specific" threads which i've somehow missed, however personal experiences would be preferred :)

Edited by Yarco (see edit history)

get the other decat done and worry about the MOT later

My MOT is due on the 8th and I am worrying now.. :D

Ye I know what you are saying but I want the car to be legal, not too loud and run maximum safe boost level on jdm turbos (1.2 bar). May just have to go full decat if I can't find a definative answer.....

With a 1st decat and 2nd cat fitted, boost stayed at 0.8bar. Go for that option instead as having the first cat fitted and raising boost causes high EGTs.

Or just double decat and refit the 2nd cat for MOT which is what I do. Got it down to about an hour now on stands on the drive. If the bolts between first and second cat were easier to get to, I reckon it'd be done in 30 minutes :)