The mkiv Supra Owners Club

South Supra Meet.

bens747

Been thinking about a Supra Meet for the South... Or for anyone that is interested...... Would be open to everyone who is in the MK IV Owners Club. Although Boxhill is a lovely area, there is not enough room for a club this size. This site is just off the M25 so easily excessible. A very large grassed open area by the river Thames with toilets and restaurant just off the M25/J13 near Egham, Surrey, with space for about 5000 cars at a guess.

Maybe first Sunday of each month starting Sunday 27th March 2005 (British Summer Time) Or maybe first Sunday of every quater for others or six months for others, dependinding what u guys think. It's off the A308 about half a mile from the M25 btween the M25 and on the way to Windsor.

You have to come off at Junction 13 and double back.

Could make it a month.. quarter, six month, or a yearly meet. Feed back would be welcom.

M25 is half mile

Egham Is about half mile

Staines about 1 half miles

Windsor is probs 2 half to 3 miles if u get bored lmao.

If you get lost just ask for the Runneymede Hotel on the A308. It's about half mile from there. ...................... :respekt:

Ben ............ Good luck and see you ther hopes ........ :respekt:

Look forward to your ideas

Ben .......... :respekt:

Sounds like a plan to me.

Whereabouts exactly are you thinking of Ben? I live just down the road from Egham. I do like the Boxhill meets too though ... although we always seem to clash with motorbike meets who somehow manage to hog 2/3 of the carpark with about 5 small bikes :stickpoke

The PistonHeads guys hold meets in the carpark for the big park in Virgina Water sometimes (Nick and I went before - PICS). It's quite a nice place with a big pub within about 50 yards. Only problem is that it costs £4 to get in!!

Cheers, J :upside:

It's the Grass area just along from the Runnymead Hotel where the river snakes round.

Yes ... I'm going to the Fairmile Pub but was thinking more along the lines of a larger summer get together and the BB is an ideal place for people to give feedback views or ideas on the subject. Sounds as though people like the idea so far....... :respekt:

This might go nicely with an idea I have been swirling round in my head... big head small brain, plenty of swirling possible....

Was thinking of organizing a meet up and have a few professional photographers on hand in a nice location, so that owners can get pics taken with the cars... then get them framed or something... Spoken to a few people and they seemed keen.

Just a random idea, but I figure a few people would be up for that..

Gav

Well there was an anual meet at the Fairmile, with all the car clubs going, and a grand total from the MKIV Supra Owners Club of 8 cars turned up!!!!

Slightly swamped by the 50 odd of every other car club!!! We even started getting Peugeots and Renaults parking next to us thinking we were just regular visitors!!!

Maybe we should focus on getting everyone to that meet next year?

Will I can organize about 5 pro-level digi cams, for it, if someone knows of a nice location...

I'm more than happy to organize the printing of the pics and stuff...

I know Chinaman's mate Tom (MR2) offered his services (graphic designer) to take pics, as well as my brother in law..

So I'm happy to try and start organising this, if people are interested...

I'll even provide some cleaning materials on the day to get the cars gleeming ready..

Gav