The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nice parking

shaz2010

YPLAC. Where I live we have serious issues with parking thanks to absolutely hilarious planning by the local authorities. If he did that near me, the guy in the picture would have a swarm of militant residents beating him senseless before he'd even flicked off the ignition. It's simply inconsiderate. If you need to worry about things like that, you bought the wrong car for your lifestyle.

YPLAC. Where I live we have serious issues with parking thanks to absolutely hilarious planning by the local authorities. If he did that near me, the guy in the picture would have a swarm of militant residents beating him senseless before he'd even flicked off the ignition. It's simply inconsiderate. If you need to worry about things like that, you bought the wrong car for your lifestyle.

Nail and Head. :thumbs: Couldn't have written it better myself

Nail and Head. :thumbs: Couldn't have written it better myself

Well, he is a professional writer.

If you're concerned about the car, do what I do. Park up the far end of the car parks where there's nearly always spaces. Its an extra 20-30s walk for peace of mind.

If you're concerned about the car, do what I do. Park up the far end of the car parks where there's nearly always spaces. Its an extra 20-30s walk for peace of mind.

I do that when I'm in the Supra, only to come back and find some tit parked next to me a lot of the time.

People that park over two or more spaces deserve more dings on their car.

I bought a little runaround instead but I know this isn't an option for everyone. It's ironic that I bought a little rust box because people used to park so close to the supra and I was afraid of it getting damaged, now no one parks next to the swift probably for fear of damage :blink:

I bought a little runaround instead but I know this isn't an option for everyone. It's ironic that I bought a little rust box because people used to park so close to the supra and I was afraid of it getting damaged, now no one parks next to the swift probably for fear of damage :blink:

I let the company car take most of the dings, the Supra is for when the sun is out!

Do this all time. Still get dings every now and then. There's always someone :rolleyes:.

Guest crystal

Sometimes you just want to let someone know what a "good job" they did parking, but you don't have all day to stand around and wait for them http://dailydigitaldeals.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/11/33/buy.gif :D

People that park over two or more spaces deserve more dings on their car.

You're doing it wrong. You're suppoed to park across 3 bays miminim these days.

I did a post on here a few years back about maximising your 'parking across multiple bays' opportunities.

This. I park further away, I'd rather walk an extra minute than suffer someone's child opening a door on to my car.

I have done this before in a large supermarket and there was about 50 spaces to the next car/s, when I come out of the supermarket bugger me theirs a car parked either side like mine was lonely :D

lol I do this all the time now. My old Civic Type R got so many carpark dents I had enough. So now I take up two spaces when ever I park, loving the dirty looks from people but who cares! :p

I spent over a £1000 in 7 years repairing car park dings when I had my Civic Type R. Don't get upset if I park my Supra defensively now :tongue:. Plus I only got the Supra 6 weeks ago, I'm a little protective.

Funny. If I saw someone parking that ignorantly I would go over a grands worth a damage in about 20 seconds. I have OCD and none of my cars have "dings". If I can't park safely where I am going I am either in the wrong car for the conditions or I need park about half a mile away and walk my fat ass back to the place I was originally.

If you draw attention to yourself by parking like a two hat, then don't be surprised when your car gets more damage than you were initially hoping to avoid.

H.