The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Ti V-Band clamp

Scott

I remember seeing a thread on this a while back, maybe I dreamt it, but I can't seem to find it.

I've not actually tried fitting the exhaust yet but the v-band looks much smaller than what is on the downpipe etc. Is this an issue when it comes to fitting? I don't understand why it has to be such a small flange :D

I have the little clamp and the little v-band to 2 stud adapter. What I need is a clamp that will hold the HKS Titanium 4 inch v-band and the 4" 2nd decat v-band together. Looking at it, the HKS one is very small, not a lot of lip, and the decat one is quite large.... seems like a bit of a mismatch when they are mated.

Is it brand new buddy? The reason i ask was because when i bought mines from hks it was provided with everything and it fitted so perfectly. Even the exhaust shop fitting it were soo impressed with the fit and finish off it. Its by far one off the best exhaust for the supra.

Edited by Hassan (see edit history)

Scott... Did you even look at the thread link? :D

Yes... but you turned down the adapter to fit it.

I don't have the ability to remove the flange to turn it down to then fit a small HKS adapter.

If my only option is to either cut off the HKS flange or cut off the decat flange then I'll probably just sell the exhaust as I really can't be bothered with butchering anything.

Is it brand new buddy? The reason i ask was because when i bought mines from hks it was provided with everything and it fitted so perfectly. Even the exhaust shop fitting it were soo impressed with the fit and finish off it. Its by far one off the best exhaust for the supra.

I wouldn't be surprised at the fit, it's a cracking design. If using the V-band flange rather than the 2 bolt adapter it can, from memory, be tricky.

I'm sure people have had this issue before, I'm wondering if there is a non cut and shut solution.

Apologies! I read that and my little brain saw the word adapter and ran with it haha!

Ahh yes, you'll need to either swap the normal V-Band on on the midpipe for a HKS one.. Or vice-versa. They blow like buggery if you try and clamp a normal v-band and a HKS one together! :(

I know someone who wants a Ti... Drop me a pm if you decide to move it on.