The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My v8 turbo supra build

fruity_south

Following on from my thread "my v8 supra build" at the end of last years show season I started working on getting it ready for a turbo build and took a new approach to how it would look etc.

the bodywork will stay very much the same but will be respray we in a satin grey.

The interior has had a few changed already but awaiting getting some bits flocked at some stage. This excluded some new gauges in a set up where the stereo was. And some panels being replaced with carbon fibre. Pictures will follow at a later stage. Also included removing rear seats and boarding it the rear out for battery relocation. Again pics to follow.

Due to a change in circumstances and looking at building a bigger and better house with triple garage with lifting ramps, development on the supra has been slow this year so far as allot of the money has been tied up elsewhere including the building of a this workshop

However recently I started doing a few more bits. This included deleting the abs and power steering, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and creating a few bits including this adapter for the maf sensor

This was my first attempt at alloy welding and pretty pleased with it.

Here is a picture of it all connected up with the current air filter attached which will be replaced with pipe work for the intercooler but for now means it can still be run NA

And to finish off the purchase of a holset HX40 turbocharger.

So making a slow start again.

Only a very small update. But here is the SARD R2D2 bov which I got from eBay for the grand total of £7.40 including postage middle of last year. guy had listed it as Pulsar gtr valve, god knows how I came across it and was the only bidder. £4.00 of that was postage! image

Now I know many are thinking why do pipe work before actually fitting the turbo but it's purely due to needing to drive the car to the new workshop and wanting to make sure that's doable with as much of it ready for the completes turbo set up as possible.

• 3 months later...

Very little to update on. Been so tied up with getting the new house planning through the local council.

Anyway dropped the old fuel tank out and got a new fuel cell in position in the boot though not yet bolted it down. Also have the new inline fuel pump and filter sitting pretty. Photos will follow when all installed.

And here is a pic of the turbo being offered up for the first time and as I expected its tight!

Going to have to relocate fuse box. Seeing as I have deleted the top glove box I'm thinking I could knock up some form of fuse/relay box to sit in its place on some carbon.

• 1 year later...

Thought i would bring this thread back to life! so the car went on hold for some time (16 months or so) whilst i built my new garage, extension on the house and became a dad! After attending a drag racing event i remembered why i wanted to rebuild the supra one last time and purely for racing. Back to the drawing board and with the supra on my new 4 post ramps and the fuel tank out to make way for the fuel cell i had a light bulb moment! Rear mount the HX40 turbo! (here come the haters!!!!!)

So last few months stripped interior completely, adding just a single fiberglass bucket seat, fuel cell in and new system in, stand alone oil system for the turbo in and turbo mounted up. a small step forward!

ill do more detailed write up when i get more pics