The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wet seatbelt

Gretie22

Yeah it's rained particularly hard today, never happened before. Any idea if we'll be able to fix it or will it need taking somewhere?

Not sure on yours tbh but on mine i think its when i refitted my rear windows last year maybe not quite enough glue on the refit, yours could possibly be the top corners of the door seal too as they start to wear and need replaceing

I have only ever seen this happen when the car has had the rear quarter windows out and not refitted with enough sealant it did it on both my old mr2 after respray But didnt happen on the Supra as I caked the windows on with Tiger seal.

Are you aware of the car having respray at any point or windows out?

The happened to mine and my gf's supra. Open the boot and there's a seam at the top left and right where rain water runs down off the roof. We found these seams had come apart due to age/rust and leaked water into the boot area behind the plastic panels. The sound deadening material stuff was absorbing the water at the highest point at the back and depositing it at the lowest point at the front right onto the front seat belts. I removed all the panels and poured water down the car to find it! HTH

Edited by Dazzi (see edit history)