The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member 2jz conversion

Argyle dan

Just want to say hi, to everyone.

I will be on here a lot in the coming months,asking for information, best way to tune, ect. I have decided to put a 2jz gte into my Lexus is200. Good idea,bad idea I don't know yet,probably won't be enjoying it when I have to do the wiring, I've managed to get myself an engine, just looking for a gearbox now and I can start this project.Just gathering parts at the moment so everything goes to plan.( I hope).

Cheers

Dan

Guest MINTER

cant give much advice,although id sayit would be mental if you get it in,few lads over here have RB25s in Is200s and they are pretty insane!cant imagine what a TT 2jz would be like

I've got an is200 it's great but it would be a right weapon with a 2jz gte in it :) but I think your going to have a nightmare with the wiring also upgrade the suspension because of extra weight check out the lexus forum a popular engine swap is the v8 :)

Suspension and brakes have all been done, got supra 4 pots on front,hks hyper max plus fully adjustable suspension and braces front and rear.. Wiring is going to be a nightmare, haven't really thought how I'm going to do it, but other people have done it, so it must be possible.

Guest Roger NE

I recently fitted a 2JZ-GE in my Mk3 Supra . . . but I spent MONTHS sussing out all the parts I needed to make it fit, and get hold of them all.

Plus I spent over 100 hours pouring over the Mk3 and Mk4 circuit diagrams, sussing out what I needed to do to make all the electronics work, all the gauges, Power Steering, ABS, Cruise Control, Aircon, etc etc. I also found loads of INCORRECT information on different websites/forums!

I ended up making up adaptors for the engine loom body plugs so it would be plug & play, with just a few connections to hardwire after the swap.

All my preparatory work proved worthwhile, as the car was only off the road for 2 days ! (people were telling me it would take months!)

So good luck mate . . . I'm in the process of doing a full write-up, but sadly most of my sussing out would be of little help to you . . .

Edited by Roger NE (see edit history)

Yeah I'm in plymouth, getting the engine and box in is the easy bit, I don't mind the fabrication and all that, just trying to work out electrics, I'm currently running a is200 with tte supercharger kit with 160mm pulley with a greddy emanage ultimate. It's running 260bhp atm but time has come for a change. For what I would spend on upgrading the internals on a 1G-FE (and for little gain) I might as well go for something different.

With a bit of luck I can still use the emanage , still haven't worked out the wiring, weather to use the supra harness or modify the is200 harness. I know I have to keep the is200 Ecu for some things, so hours of fun to look forward to.

Just trying to get everything ready so it goes according to plan and my car is off the road for as little time as possible.