The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra car cover

jdmjak

anyone know if theres a company out there that sells a supra car cover? been looking and cant seem to find one. im going out of the country for a few months and i need to have the car covered up, anyone know where to get one? or know somewhere that sells one big enough?

Guest Motomachi
anyone know if theres a company out there that sells a supra car cover? been looking and cant seem to find one. im going out of the country for a few months and i need to have the car covered up, anyone know where to get one? or know somewhere that sells one big enough?

I got one from Halfords that fits....just. It was £35 I think---don't normally go to Halfords though:blink:

Guest Motomachi

I got one from Halfords that fits....just. It was £35 I think---don't normally go to Halfords though:blink:

I think a non tailored type like the Halfords and Stormforce covers do more harm than good and i'd leave it

uncovered it were mine, the worst problem though is from bird droppings which wouldn't be good if left for

any length of time.

I used several other straps on my Halfords cover to try to stop it flapping about, it also wasn't that breathable

which does cause problems in the long term.

You could get a proper tailored one made but then your into a few hundred pounds, i looked into

this a while ago and if you search you should find some threads on the topic.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Bird droppings are your only issue really and if you can keep those washed off then

the cover is a waste of money in my opinion.

I certainly wouldn't bother again, my car survived sitting like this for a while with no

damage without a cover

Home Jan. 2013 008.JPG

I have different feelings about ours. It was great in the summer for keeping bird crap and debris from local building work etc off the car.

During the winter months I found it hard work with wind and condensation. I may sell our Stormforce as I never use it these days. The car however has picked up a few serious marks since I stopped using the cover, in days gone by a little bit of rubbing marks in the paint would have been preferable to what I have now.

H.

We put the Halfords cover on my sisters Alfa thinking it would be a good idea for its trip in a container

to Australia.

The car was full of mold when it arrived, the other 3 cars in the container that weren't covered didn't

have this problem

We put the Halfords cover on my sisters Alfa thinking it would be a good idea for its trip in a container

to Australia.

The car was full of mold when it arrived, the other 3 cars in the container that weren't covered didn't

have this problem

Doesn't surprise me Dunk. That was the main reason we ditched ours this winter. Everytime I took it off the car was soaking and I figured I was doing slightly more harm than good. The car has picked up a couple of marks which I believe the cover would have protected against. I also used the car more this winter as it wasn't a pain to get it out. I now have quite bad lacquer damage to the rear alloys and the expense of getting these sorted.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

H.

Are you Jazz1 in disguise? Carcoons are great but not particularly practical.

Must be! Agree not practicle if you want to use the car regularly but perfect if the OP is going away for a few months. Awesome bit of kit and to be honest I find it less hassle than the stormforce cover. Don't miss always having to clean and dry the car before covering it and forever airing it to get rid of trapped condensation.

Must be! Agree not practicle if you want to use the car regularly but perfect if the OP is going away for a few months. Awesome bit of kit and to be honest I find it less hassle than the stormforce cover. Don't miss always having to clean and dry the car before covering it and forever airing it to get rid of trapped condensation.

Yep. Probably the reason why we don't use ours anymore. The driving and then having to wash and dry before putting it away was a PITA.

H.