The mkiv Supra Owners Club

speed bump damage, plz help

uzzyuzzy

Looks fixable. I'm assuming it's fiber glass. It will just cost you a fair amount as they will probably spray the whole bumper again.

But don't quote me on this as I don't know anything about body work really. I'm just going off my experience with body shops

That seems fixable you can get a quote from Rob Mitchell at DAW or Simon at Autobody Solutions both do great work. However if it was me I'd replace the bumper with a stock one with a lip as your always going to have problems with aftermarket fibreglass bumpers when it comes to speed bumps.

Its a fibreglass Bomex by the look of it, i had a Genuine one years ago and it was very

poorly made, very thin.

Mine cracked at the slightest touch so it went in the bin

It needs all of the damage revealing and the cracks sanded back quite a lot then re built up

with fibre glass mat soaked in resin, then sand/flat that back and prime it up then paint.

Easy enough to do unless a decent bodyshop quotes you happy.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Mate your in Berkshire correct?

Have you heard of a bodyshop called Body Tone?

Its located on London road in Binfield, Bracknell. I had my Nissan Silvia S15 body kit fitted there and sprayed. They charged £150 or just under to prep, spray and fit the front bumper. Really good prices and they did an excellent job.

Here's there website:

http://www.bodytone.co.uk/

Speak to Tony and he will be able to give you a decent quote ;)

Regards

Ash