The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TSX Retrofit

Westy

I just don't see the point in all this hid stuff to be honest. whats wrong with the stock supra headlights?? i find them very good, and the full beam is awesome

Really?! In the dark, it's like someone is holding candles out in front of you. They're crap.

HID's were the best mod I ever did to my Supra, making it as fun at night as in the day.

I upgraded from Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs to HID's on my old Supra. Sure they were brighter, but it wasn't the "OMGZ IT'S LIKE NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE!!1!" that people say it is. Maybe my HID's were crap.

Those TSX lenses will definitely make a big difference.

Really?! In the dark, it's like someone is holding candles out in front of you. They're crap.

HID's were the best mod I ever did to my Supra, making it as fun at night as in the day.

Night and day difference between the two as JG says.

Mark, not sure if this is worth the mod as on mine it looks very similar, I get a clean cut line as well at the top.

Only difference is mine has the UK Spec Glass headlights, I found the facelift lights weren't as good as omitting the light as the glass head lights.

Mark, not sure if this is worth the mod as on mine it looks very similar, I get a clean cut line as well at the top.

Only difference is mine has the UK Spec Glass headlights, I found the facelift lights weren't as good as omitting the light as the glass head lights.

Was think I would want to see a side by side comparison, as dont think there is much difference between mine and the ones posted

I've said this for year's. The stock projector optics were never designed to handle HID output, as a result it strangles thr light and whilst putting a kit in will make them brighter over stock halogen they will never be as good as true HID projectors, fact.

I've said this for year's. The stock projector optics were never designed to handle HID output, as a result it strangles thr light and whilst putting a kit in will make them brighter over stock halogen they will never be as good as true HID projectors, fact.

But they are still better so what's the problem

Was think I would want to see a side by side comparison, as dont think there is much difference between mine and the ones posted

I'll try and get some pictures tonight if I can to do a comparison. I'd expect it to be better than mine as it is taking an OEM device incorporated into the head lamps.

Can't argue with that. I remember seeing the S2000 threads years ago. Looked pretty good!

Edited by Abz (see edit history)

i find my stock headlights very good, plenty bright enough, and when your driving in remote places with little traffic, the full beam is great. each to they own i guess, i just dont see the point with the cost the hids are.