The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cipriani's NA-T & Restoration build thread

Cipriani

Thought it was about time I started a build thread having had the car 4 months now!

Plans for the supra are to use it this year (2014) as much as possible and it will be going on a 700 mile round trip through the Scottish Highlands roadtrip.jpg where im hoping to learn the car properly before the NA-T conversion.

When the time comes towards the end of this year I asm hoping to have found a suitable double garage or similar to carry out the restoration work which 90% of will be done by myself and a few friends. Once the engine and gearbox are out the shell will be completely stripped bare and rolled onto its side to give easy access to the underside, at which point the subframes will have been removed. Any parts in good condition eg rear subframe will be blasted and powder coated in yellow along with little things like the various brace bars and anything else I can get my hands on. Engine wise I am looking at the Whifbits NA-T kit, Before doing this I will be overhauling the 18 year old GE lump and sending the head away to Browns engineering to have it acid bathed and valves re-ground etc etc. New bearings and seals all round for the bottom end to! As for the gearbox (auto) I may well swap for a w58 Manual or stick with the auto. Dont know much if anything about automatic transmission if im honest so would probably just renew the torque convertor.

DAY 1

1.jpg

2.jpg

The cat approves

3.jpg

Headlight Restoration

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Big difference

8.jpg

Rough Diamond!

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Got a used elec aerial to replace the jammed up one on mine

13.jpg

Winter Photoshoot I organised for the car club i jointly run in Edinburgh

14.jpg

15.jpg

na 1.jpg

na 2.jpg

na 3.jpg

na 4.jpg

Veilside Andrews wheels were split and refurbished

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

32.jpg

Dashboard repaint

20.jpg

21.jpg

The rubber coating on the ashtray was a b*tch to get off

22.jpg

keyed up and ready

23.jpg

24.jpg

garden booth! lol

25.jpg

finished article, not 100% happy with the finish

26.jpg

The worlds most horrible steering wheel! will be going asap

27.jpg

Interior ripped out and new front seat belts fitted, going to clean up the plastics and refit the sound deadening

28.jpg

finish on the ashtray was nice after removing the rubber stuff

30.jpg

decided to redo the shifter surround and remove all the rubber stuff from that to (took ages) but was worth it in the end

31.jpg

much better

39.jpg

40.jpg

time to concentrate on the rest of the dash now that the 2 highest impact areas have been taken care off

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

sorting out the plastics now

33.jpg

hot glueing back the sound deadening

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

someone has fitted fli components previously

38.jpg

giving the inside a really good clean

46.jpg

child labour

47.jpg

48.jpg

clean

49.jpg

N/A Central

50.jpg

comedy shot

51.jpg

RMM front lip arrived

52.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

brake fluid leak from the banjo or hose

53.jpg

Made an appearance at @ Fife 2 Furious

56.jpg

Got a refurbed rear strut from TCB Performance Parts to replace the 1 random KYB strut on the N/S for the car

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

some water got into the spark plug wells, and looks like a leaking rocker cover gasket to

60.jpg

61.jpg

New steering wheel thanks to Al Massey

62.jpg

off with the old

63.jpg

on with the new

64.jpg

Pic from one of our meets at Little Tokyo aka Rosyth dock yard

little Tokyo.jpg

Edited by Cipriani (see edit history)

I'm up in Peterhead this week doing stuff for Apache so sure I'll be around your neck of the woods at some point, always getting posted up to Aberdeenshire. Your always welcome at one of our meets would defo be the quickest there!

Peterhead is only 15mins away from me bud, so just drop me a message! Haha i might have to try get my line lock fitted if im coming down for some nice smokey tyres ;)