The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinion on this car please,

markylee

Hi guys , just wanted your opinion on the price of this supra, I already own a tt, but it has very little service history and has been resprayed, so looking for something a little bit cleaner, my only concern is the mileage as it has done 112,000, and mine has done about 65,000. not viewed it yet , and its only 5 miles away from me, so just wanted your valuable advice before I see it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310877703246

One thing I have learned is that mileages usually don't mean squat. I saw many low mileage Supras before I got mine with knackered interiors/smokey engines.

The one you posted seems to be worth a look. Don't be put off by the mileage, go and have a look.

Make sure it's all HPI clear.

But Personally I'd just spend money on tidying the current Supra up unless it's really bad.

Thanks for the reply iky, no mine is not really bad, no rust and runs well bpu etc, oh and by the way the blue wheels are gone :), and I share your views on tidying mine up, just trying to work out the cost of bringing it up to the same standard as the one for sale,,,,,,,,, thanks again for your reply,,,,,,,,Mark

Depending on how it's been used, it could have a lot more rust than yours, assuming yours is an import :)

Aye, I went to see a Supra 4 years younger than mine with less miles and been in the country less time than mine. It was pretty rusty underneath. Even had an advisory on MOT cert. Corrosion within certain distance of a structural suspension point.

Don't get too hung up on mileage mate, it can mean its been used well and is reliable, a long with being kept in good order to use.

There's a lot of low mileage shitters about on the flip side.

If it's solid, good engine and has been looked after, ignore the clock and focus on what's in front you :)