The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lpg........

spider2123

Yep, my old NA had it already fitted but I seldom used it. Just carried a big empty cylinder around for 17K miles....:D

I only know of 1 company that fits them these days but they are in Bolton. Must be some "darn sarth". I heard some horror stories when I had my LPG. Brendan who bought it off me 4 years ago has run it on LPG all the time and been to the moon and back in it.

Good luck.

H.

I had it in a Range Rover and it worked a treat, big advantage though is you have the space to fit

large tanks.

I'd guess on the supra it would be a round tank where the spare sits and possibly be not that big, from

memory you can never get all the lpg out of the tank and on my 100 litre tank could only use

around 80 litres so if you have a much smaller tank the range isn't going to be great.

Do the maths on your mileage and it's pretty easy to see how long before you've paid for the kit and

install costs.

10,000 miles at an average 20 mpg = 500 gallons

unleaded = £3000, lpg = £1589 on average prices

Also bear in mind you get less from lpg than petrol but not sure on the

exact numbers

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I am getting a good solid 270 to 300 miles a tank from my car.

costs me around 45£ to 50£ to fill up and every 3 weeks I throw in 5£ petrol.

a full refill on vpower would be around 107£, I am not down on power as people always think.

Drives good, plenty of power.

Get a decent conversion like DBs / Konrads and you wont have any hicups on the road.