The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new Supra mkiv and new to the forums

pete.osborne69

Hi everyone

I'm Pete and I'm 23 just got my new Supra on the weekend and I must say its a beautiful car to drive, its my dream car and I have been waiting for this moment nearly 3 years

Its a 1994 auto Twin Turbo j-spec import fully stock spec with no moddifications, comes with overdrive and full leather interior

Ive had it 3 days and done roughly 650km (speedo is in km, take some adjusting to)

I have really enjoyed the long drives it grips the road perfectly and the power is there when I need it :)

My previous car was a Toyota Corolla 2.0 diesel so its quite a step up in terms of power

I quite like the auto but I'm not sure if I will change it to the 6 speed manual gear box later on

Here are some pictures, as I know you all like them

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183372[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183370[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183371[/ATTACH]

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome

I will eventually make some modifications once my insurance lowers a bit it terms of how far I would like to go I'm not sure I will add some nice alloys and at the moment I am not sure which bodykit I prefer the Vader or the veilside, I might even mix and match in terms of the skirts and hood

The stereo in the car is the standard jap one so that will be replaced on Wednesday with my Sony one along with the speakers not sire if I will be adding the amp I have though.

Does anyone know if the jap spec radio/cassette player is the same size as a standard car stereo haven't had time to really have a look due to work :(

Welcome to the club

Take time deciding what to do with car - lots of people are changing their body kits back to a stock look with a nice front lip and wheels

Obvious route engine wise will be to BPU it and don't dismiss the auto box out of hand as it is an exceptional box

I haven't dismissed the auto box yet as at the moment I quite enjoy the lack of having to use clutch control on a hill or keeping the clutch dipped at the lights, most of the time I did pull up to the lights in neutral, and my clutch control was great, but that being said I love the way how the auto "holds" itself on a hill when in drive with out having to keep the clutch and accelerator at a good balance to hold the car

As to the body kits alloys and engine mods, I will probably start on them next year when my insurance goes down

But for tomorrow I have my work cut out on the supra, I'm fitting my old Sony stereo and speakers (can't remember the brand) as well as fitting the replacement alarm/immobiliser and doing a full engine bay clean along with a body/interior wash and polish

I will also post before and after photos if the cleaning product and the results are very good will be using Auto Glym products. Not used them before, but I haven't had a Supra before :p

We'll see how it goes