The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM AFR help

cainhead

Quick question.

I have a new downpipe with boss already welded in, ready for the sensor to go straight on this Thursday , however I was trying to be prepared by mounting the gauge into the dash this evening. If the sensor is disconnected is there any harm in connected up the gauge to the power, so that I do not have to take the dash off again on Thursday? Im sure I read somewhere that the sensor should be installed first, but cant see the issue if its not connected to the power/gauge.

Any ideas?

cheers

Quick question.

I have a new downpipe with boss already welded in, ready for the sensor to go straight on this Thursday , however I was trying to be prepared by mounting the gauge into the dash this evening. If the sensor is disconnected is there any harm in connected up the gauge to the power, so that I do not have to take the dash off again on Thursday? Im sure I read somewhere that the sensor should be installed first, but cant see the issue if its not connected to the power/gauge.

Any ideas?

cheers

Its perfectly fine to wire it up and power it up without the sensor plugged in.

Cheers for the advice, just to clarify are you meaning to create a circuit direct from the battery?

Cheers

don't run too much from the cars stock wiring. always best to make a seperate circuit up using a relay. then its there for the future add on's, rather than bodging into the loom and cutting and joining it.

http://www.weendoggy.com/images/relay_wiring.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers for the advice, just to clarify are you meaning to create a circuit direct from the battery?

Cheers

don't run too much from the cars stock wiring. always best to make a seperate circuit up using a relay. then its there for the future add on's, rather than bodging into the loom and cutting and joining it.

http://www.weendoggy.com/images/relay_wiring.jpg

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers

Yes create a circuit direct from the battery but use a relay to switch on when ignition is on. so it draws all the power from the battery instead of the cars loom