The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Door Card Retrim Repair Options

mwilkinson

I've had a good look and I have struggled to find any useful information regarding the above issue.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a damaged drivers door card. Set belt trapped here, kicked to death getting out etc..

For me they are such a large component of the interior that even knowing there is a scratch or hole in the door card makes me "a sad panda" :(

My question is, has anyone successfully fully restored a set of door cards to a stock black vinyl that looks half decent, or managed a good quality repair?

I've looked at a few repair sites but they will never show a repair like that required on a supra door card.

Many of the recovered door cards I have seen seem to struggle to get a uniform look or good contours around the lower rear edge of the door card.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has had a door card repaired or retrimmed to a stock level.

At the moment I am seriously considering buying a brand new set of door cards at £silly money from Mr T.

Because they are rocking horse poop and often never in mint condition. Invariably the drivers door card will have scuff marks or speaker grills will have been removed.

Don't get me wrong if someone has an absolute mint set of door cards I would be interested. But if they do they will undoubtably covet them as I would.

I did mine when I went through a red interior stage.

attachment.php?attachmentid=183345&stc=1&d=1396889586

attachment.php?attachmentid=183346&stc=1&d=1396889586

attachment.php?attachmentid=183347&stc=1&d=1396889586

Not sure why a professional would struggle. Mine were fine until I removed it.

I did have to make cuts to get a good fit, but I used 2mm thick leatherette. Looked pretty good in the car I thought.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I managed to get a mint set to replace the ones that came in my 1A1 buddy. Just need to ask around.

Failing that buy new ones.:)

If I could get a set I would be very happy.

I have a pretty mint passenger side door card except for a slight rip up the top, can send a pic if you want to see it

Lol, thanks Shane, but I'll pass. Need to be without any damage.

I did mine when I went through a red interior stage.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=183345&stc=1&d=1396889586

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=183346&stc=1&d=1396889586

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=183347&stc=1&d=1396889586

Not sure why a professional would struggle. Mine were fine until I removed it.

I did have to make cuts to get a good fit, but I used 2mm thick leatherette. Looked pretty good in the car I thought.

I agree. I've just never seen any done to stock spec. Surely it would be a popular option to have done and cost effective vs new door cards.

Have you priced them up, they were £ridiculously absurd money last time I checked!

About 700 plus last time I checked. Each :)

I was expecting £650 ish per side, so that seems about right. Quite rightly getting a used excellent set would be the thing to do. But I'm not convinced I will find a set.

If you recall Nic, I replaced all interior panels and all exterior trim and lights with new from you on my last car.