The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hit & run

Grazer

Ok it's not that bad, but I'm pretty pissed off. Someones obviously hit my car in the car park at work last night and crunched my side skirt:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gcsimpson/2004_12_skirts01small.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gcsimpson/2004_12_skirts04small.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gcsimpson/2004_12_skirts05small.JPG

It's not too bad, but I don't understand how the skirt is damaged so far in with no damage to the door?

I only had to make it to Friday and it would have been a whole year without someone driving in to me - a record since I have owned cars. :cry:

Had a similar thing happen to exactly the same place on my vs skirts as well fortune would be it only scratches. They must have just caught it when reversing out of a space next to me.

But then I wonder if the skirt hadn't been there then it could have been a wing which would have been even worse. I empathise with you mate :(

Don't they have CCTV in the car park?

No!

Is it not in a staff car park?

No such thing!

If something like that happens here the company always ends up paying for it

The NHS treat it's staff like scum :(

There are no staff parking areas, and there is not enough car parking spaces - I get to work about 40 minutes before I start so that I can get a decent space. If you turn up after 9am you probably wont get a space in the hospital.

To solve the parking problem the trust are going to start charging to use these facilities (the same car park with not enough spaces, no CCTV, no security, crap road surface). The idea is the charges will put some people off driving to work, then there may be enough spaces for those who do pay. :blink:

Public transport would be the answer, unfortunately to get my son to nursery and then on to work would involve 4 buses and at least 1.5hours travelling :eek:

My local hospital has given over most of it's parking over to staff! Theres nowhere for visitors and out patients now lol

Go work for a private health care place ;)

Bummer. Dishonestly sucks.

Its opposite where i work. staff cant really park on site unless your someone important like me (not really, just blagged a pass ;) ). staff have to park a mile away and get the free shuttle bus morning and night.

Similar thing happened to me tho. Car next to me scrapped their front wing down the drivers side of my car as they reversed out. Looked a lot worse than it actually was. Most of it has T-cut out bar a slight dent just above the gap of the skirt/vent. Can hardly notice it unless ur looking. Was seriously pi$$ed tho when i saw it. For the next 2 weeks i checked out every blue/green car for silver paint and scratches. Didnt find one tho.

Gaz