The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new exhaust

Shane

My old HKS finally died recently and after several delays and changes of direction I ordered one of the Ebay 3" systems based on the Motoria, mine was marked up as JPS Performance, but think it was pretty much the same as all the others you see on there for £180ish. It fitted ok but compared to my old tail pipe I never really took to the appearance, also it sounded a bit tame though that had obvious benefit of being comfier on long runs.

So I came up with the idea of changing the back box with something else and decided to go with a genuine Cherry bomb and the tail pipe from my old system. Took just a single chop to the rear section of the 5 day old Ebay exhaust, a section of 76mm od SS tube as a sleeve and a couple of Mikalor W4 clamps. Looked like this:

With the Cherry Bomb in the quiet direction it sounds like this:

The cherry bomb can be used in either direction, one is quieter than the other.

http://www.cherrybomb.com/Catalog/Categories/glasspack.aspx

Oddly, genuine cherry bomb glass pack exhausts from the US are cheaper than copies made here. The one I used had an overall length of 18" and 3"ID ports, my old tail pipe fitted perfectly and only the inlet side needed an internal sleeve.

Really pleased with how it looks and sounds. The nice thing about this is that now I just need to loosen the clamp at the join, slip off the O rings at the tail pipe and can put it back to the Ebay tail pipe all within minutes, so it's the best of both worlds. Not a great video but you get the idea.