The mkiv Supra Owners Club

does anybody have these fans fitted?

dr_jekyll

They are fine on mine running BPU, I have since replaced one of the fans (driver side) with a larger one I picked up, but that was just because it was on offer and liked the idea of increasing the airflow on that side. Fitment on an after market alloy radiator was ok, neither the rad or the fan housing was made to a close tolerance, but for that price.. I did include a bit of insulation down the edges between the rad and shroud so that the only air the fans could move was via the rad core as on mine there was a few mm gap.

I picked up a nice Kenlowe electronic controller on here, but there is a kit you can get also on ebay that controls these fine, the only reservation I have about these is the seal on the top hose, I could never get it 100% sealed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Variable-Thermostat-Tempature-Control-Kit-Radiator-Cooling-Fans-/390806744131?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5afde5ac43

Even after sitting in the queue and box at pod for what seemed a lifetime on a really hot day, they kept my engine temp nice stable.

David P runs similar on his without issue.

They are fine on mine running BPU, I have since replaced one of the fans (driver side) with a larger one I picked up, but that was just because it was on offer and liked the idea of increasing the airflow on that side. Fitment on an after market alloy radiator was ok, neither the rad or the fan housing was made to a close tolerance, but for that price.. I did include a bit of insulation down the edges between the rad and shroud so that the only air the fans could move was via the rad core as on mine there was a few mm gap.

I picked up a nice Kenlowe electronic controller on here, but there is a kit you can get also on ebay that controls these fine, the only reservation I have about these is the seal on the top hose, I could never get it 100% sealed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Variable-Thermostat-Tempature-Control-Kit-Radiator-Cooling-Fans-/390806744131?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5afde5ac43

Even after sitting in the queue and box at pod for what seemed a lifetime on a really hot day, they kept my engine temp nice stable.

David P runs similar on his without issue.

cheers buddy, worth a go I think,

I am running them on BPU and they are fine, don't run for that long when they come on

Thats good to hear :thumbs: have looked at these myself, seems from you guys running them they are better than decent, you probobly pay more for the s/s fan shroud most places

Do you fellas run them without the viscous or with it?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of those fans, and made my own shroud to fit them, moulded to suit the stock rad. I ditched the viscous fan, for aesthetic reasons.

Mine don't kick in that often, but when they do, they draw that much air that I can feel the warm air from standing by the drivers door!