The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA>TT Conversion insurance/registration q's

Ric

Good afternoon all,

I would like to ask all the people who have made the NA/TT conversion some q's

How do you go about insurance after the conversion, is it easy to cover? are companies against it or happy to accept people with this conversion, are any special reports required or hoops to jump through?

How easy is it to change the logbook to reflect the change of engines, again is something special required for this?

Is there anything else to consider?

I might be looking at this as a option and would like to know all the information regarding the legal side of things so i have all my ducks in a line.

Thanks very much

What about your log book Al? is it just a case of filling in the changes section with a new engine number etc? and i suspect MOT's will be done on the new engine once the DVLA know about it.

Thanks.

Good afternoon all,

I would like to ask all the people who have made the NA/TT conversion some q's

How do you go about insurance after the conversion, is it easy to cover? are companies against it or happy to accept people with this conversion, are any special reports required or hoops to jump through?

How easy is it to change the logbook to reflect the change of engines, again is something special required for this?

Is there anything else to consider?

I might be looking at this as a option and would like to know all the information regarding the legal side of things so i have all my ducks in a line.

Thanks very much

im na/tt and im with sky insurance i pay 450 pound fully comp all mods decleard and value of the car is classed as a tt (all insurance companys class my engine conversion as a modification)

my log book has not changed at all,

What about your log book Al? is it just a case of filling in the changes section with a new engine number etc? and i suspect MOT's will be done on the new engine once the DVLA know about it.

Thanks.

The 2JZ doesn't have an engine number.

So you dont make changes to the logbook, so your car is not registered as a Supra turbo?

Hmm ok, i would have thought you'd need to let them know.

I have changed my logbook to state it now says engine as 2JZ-GTE - Though the numpties at DVLA have sent it back as a SJZ-GTE.

I have my renewal in 2 weeks time, so far so good insurance wise, getting a little worried as it is coming up cheaper.

The DVLA are only interested in the engine number and capacity. They don't care what's bolted to it.

The engine number is under the inlet manifold, but most imports don't have it in the registration document because it's impossible to see it when the engine is in the car.

Remember that the MOT emissions test is based on whichever is older, chassis or engine, so if you can prove that the TT engine is old enough you avoid the cat test, even on a late car.

Edited by garethr (see edit history)

I have changed my logbook to state it now says engine as 2JZ-GTE - Though the numpties at DVLA have sent it back as a SJZ-GTE.

I have my renewal in 2 weeks time, so far so good insurance wise, getting a little worried as it is coming up cheaper.

Sjz what utter Pillocks lol!!!