The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Im a new member

Guest mical407

Guest mical407

Hi Guys. I've been an observer for some time but never posted as never owned the beloved supra. Have owned MR2 turbo, Aristo twin turbo etc. Happy to say just bought a twin turbo Supra. I'm impressed with the abundance of knowledge,assistance and sharing spirit on this forum. My supra needs a couple things sorting. First thing is that while I love the stance of the car,the front is lowered too much and is hitting every speed bump and minor grades no matter how slow/careful I drive. My apologies for asking in this section of the forum, but is there any way of raising the car slightly or do I have to put back oem front coil springs? If so does anyone have good used ones for sale? Will the front look weird with just replacing oem front springs and leaving the back. Thanks for any response.Cheers :salute:

Pop a photo up and welcome

Stock is too high, Eibachs on stock dampers work very nicely but are hard to

get hold of now. There was a set on here for sale recently, they drop the car

30mm front 25mm rear from stock height and aren't stupidly high spring rates like

some springs seem to have

A good set up avoiding adjustable coilovers would be CW's Bilstein dampers with

custom springs, he can machine the damper body to raise or lower the car to a

sensible height

What front bumper is fitted as i guess it's not stock unless it's really really low

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Guest mical407

Thanks for your warm welcome. The car had new KYB gas-a-adjust just installed but has lowered springs. Also has aftermarket front bumper so I guess that's why it sits so low. I will take some pics in the morning and upload to see what you all think. I think you would have seen the car as it was on Gumtree for a while. Previous owner was more interested in cosmetics, fancy lights etc. than the mechanics of the car. Again thanks for quick reply.:)

Guest mical407
Guest mical407

Thanks for earlier suggestions. Now that I've posted pis, anymore ideas on raising the front of my car a little that will stop it being ruined on speed bumps etc? Was hoping to keep the KYB's gas a adjust as the ride is not too harsh and there just a couple of weeks old too.:help: