The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can this Tein damper be saved?

Guest Knightrider1980

Guest Knightrider1980

If you look at the pic, just wondering if it can be repaired or do I have to call Tein and proceed to buy 1 replacement damper?

20140402_170955.jpg

As you can see its only slightly damaged, would like to save it to be honest.

Guest Knightrider1980
Hmmm dont know how that happened double post

either my computer is playing up or someone else has the same problem lol

Guest Knightrider1980
You could straighten it but once it's bent like that and you bend it back the material gets weaker and it's

deformed around the weld which would concern me

if it was seriously twisted then yeah I would actually consider getting a new one, TBH it don't look that bad

/\/\ That :D /\/\/

I'll post you a pic of my HKS unit that will make yours look straight, I was told mine can be fixed for £20, in fact, I could give you the chap that said to me he would fix it for £20, or Google him, Marc Huxley, Huxleymotorsports ;)

Guest Knightrider1980
Only a little out if it was me I would prob use as is

that's what I was thinking, just adjust the height to make it level with the rest, but wont it be a failure at MOT or would they think of it as ok?

Guest Knightrider1980
/\/\ That :D /\/\/

I'll post you a pic of my HKS unit that will make yours look straight, I was told mine can be fixed for £20, in fact, I could give you the chap that said to me he would fix it for £20, or Google him, Marc Huxley, Huxleymotorsports ;)

number would be great, £20 pretty good.

Guest Knightrider1980
Unless it's a warranty claim I would use it as is. They're junk inside anyway ;)

the suspension kit is over 4 years old, had it on my other supra until someone decided to ram into me, was told the suspension was saved, was just abit concerned about that part even tho its not bad bad, but if you say I can still use it and adjust the height then that is good new to my ears, just worried if it will effect MOT tho.

Guest Knightrider1980
I reckon it would be fine as it's not overly misformed. But it's a pretty essential part if it fails!

I will use it as it is then and just adjust the height abit, and judging from the comments on here saying its fine then I will fit it back on, don't think it will fail as it still looks pretty strong.