The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PHR Weld-In Diff Mounts -- Ride Quality?

Jellybean

Hey

Just taught I ask , my Diff mounts could do with changing ; it is a road car , the OEM mounts are 200 euro and the PHR weld in mounts are 50 dollars

My question is, will the PHR weld in mount really make a drastic difference to the ride quality to justify the price difference ?

Cool thanks Damien, was waiting for Road cars on Supra forums to report back but didnt hear anything yet so just wanted to ask as they are on sale at the moment for 50 dollars

Dont want to drastically add in additional vibration and noise, especially on Irish roads ; was worth a punt!

Too bad nobody else , (That I have found) do aftermarket cheaper brushes

Yeah, it's a bit of a wedge for a couple of mounts, I fitted one myself not so long ago and it was around the €100 mark.

I managed to press fit it properly without removing the subframe but I did have the fuel tank out of my way at the time. Can't see my method being any worse/slower though. I'll be going this way again if/when I need to replace the old single original the car left the factory with.

Just priced them with MVP . looks like around 120 euro mark for the two mounts ex shipping but I have an order in with them already so hopefully they can just bung them in with that :)

Rebuilding and putting my Carbonetic diff back in this month so mounts have cracks in them and could do with replacing , just 200 euro is a wedge as you said , was trying to get that down but 120 euro is good for the two of them :)

I am slowly rebuilding a JZA80, by the time I am finished I will have to start at the top of the parts list again lol

yes I had a set made and welded them in, since that the diff is quite whiney BUT it does give a lot more feedback and response and although the noise is louder it actually gives a you a heads up if the backend is going to slip as the diff noise changes before the tyres actually let go.

ive only done the back mounts and diff is mint, A02B