The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on Crashed supra

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

a will cut the story short.

my friend bought a six speed tt and has badly damaged the front end, i have no pics, he needs front suspension, front slam panel, wings, bonnet, that kinda off thing.

he has asked me to import him a damaged car from japan for parts.

the question is does anybody know if a can get a back end damaged car in the uk or know where there is one for sale.

we are also looking at parts but he wants a car.

thanks jurgen

its very hard to find a supra with rear end damage in uk. all the ones i've ever come across in the past two years were front end damage and believe me i've been searching. but you never know. and when supras come into salvage auction sites for spares you need a breakers licence to bid for them.

so you might be better importing from japan if you know someone whos knows someone.

to be honest if you importes a damaged car from japan you would still be looking at at least £1500. you could get a damaged sup for about 400 quid over there! but then you have shipping, duty, vat, delivery, landing charges etc etc so this is where they screw you up on things!

if you can give me a list of what you need i know a few people breaking them so i can ask for you?

keron

the lad that has crashed it wants a car and is willing to pay for an import one, he says there is quite a lot of damged to pipes, slam panel, wish bones too much to list.

and then he wants to sell the engine,doors, and interior from donar car to get some money back.

he wants to just drop both cars at a garage and let them get on with it, and labour is cheap as its his mate. this way he does not have to muck about looking for various parts every time he comes accross something he needs.

and he says insurance is out of the question as he is only 20.

nice car it was 2