The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best Battery for a Facelift TT6

spikedjack

Hi All,

Foolishly, i left the door slightly ajar when it was on axel stands in the garage (awaiting new brakes) and the battery is pancake flat, no amount of charging will bring it back to life (which is terrible as the battery is just under 2 years old).

Where is the best place/what is the best battery to go for on a facelift TT6?

I used to work at halfords as a student, so please do not suggest them, the batteries are awful and most are "unserviceable" prior to sale as they are not maintenance charged or rotated when on the shelf.

Many thanks

Jack

Hi All,

Foolishly, i left the door slightly ajar when it was on axel stands in the garage (awaiting new brakes) and the battery is pancake flat, no amount of charging will bring it back to life (which is terrible as the battery is just under 2 years old).

Where is the best place/what is the best battery to go for on a facelift TT6?

I used to work at halfords as a student, so please do not suggest them, the batteries are awful and most are "unserviceable" prior to sale as they are not maintenance charged or rotated when on the shelf.

Many thanks

Jack

Isn't it under warranty if it's only 2 years old ?

Got mine from halfords using my tradecard £55 had to putnew terminals on though as the ones on car where to small it's 510 starting amps.

Your just showing off now with that clean engine bay ;)

I would go Halfords, have one too and the 2 year warranty with the Calcium batteries

If you need a sealed battery , Optimum Yellow top

I got a new battery for my uk spec from Toyota for less than what Halfords want even

if you have a trade card with them and it had 4 years warranty, think it was just over £40

after i haggled the best discount i could get out of them

hcb005 is £80 without trade card at Halfrauds

I'd go to your local motor factors first and see what they can do

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Try here: http://www.performancebatteries.co.uk

You can search by car, and they do have late Mkiv Supras in their database unlike many websites. Just had a look, and they've got 2 at about £50 inc VAT. One of them is a Varta which are reckoned to be a good make.

I've bought from that website several times: very pleased with them.

Free delivery too, impressive for such a heavy item and think you'll struggle to beat

the price

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Try here: http://www.performancebatteries.co.uk

You can search by car, and they do have late Mkiv Supras in their database unlike many websites. Just had a look, and they've got 2 at about £50 inc VAT. One of them is a Varta which are reckoned to be a good make.

I've bought from that website several times: very pleased with them.

This.

I bought the Varta battery from their website between Christmas and New years and even then their delivery times were good.

Battery has been great so far.

Isn't it under warranty if it's only 2 years old ?

When you've worked there, you realise the warranty isn't worth the paper its written on. The ts/cs pretty much rule out every eventuality except for cell short circuit, which in this case, it will just show as battery unserviceable.

I'll look at genuine toyota and bosch from euro's, cheers all :)

While I usually shop around for car parts, I almost always buy batteries from Halfords. If you go in with a quote from someone else, they'll match it. I just do it for the convenience, they've always swapped batteries for me, no hassle.

I've used the warranty no problems Jack-I killed it by not starting it during it's respray. Took it back, showed the receipt and they replaced it there and then:)

Must've been luck of the draw josh, i worked there for 7 years whilst a student as i said, i can count on one hand the amount we replaced, and lost count of the amount of unhappy people they declined!