The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Gauges and pod to go for?

Tom

Which one's look the best and where did you buy them from?

I'm likely to go for a 2 gauge pillar pod so which one does everyone recommend?

Thanks

Tom.

Well, i'm sure its personal taste - but i have a 2 guage pillar pod (Miami GT) and Defi guages (Envy)

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/defi1.jpg

Haven't done this yet, but I've got the A-pillar 2 gauge pod thing ready and waiting.

The Defi system is supposed to be really good - I'm sure all gauges work just fine, so the factors are possibly cost and appearance.

Autometer make lots of different gauges/colours/finishes/sizes... they seem good.

I really like the HKS ones - they illuminate beautifully in blue/pinky red. But they have a sadly limited selection of gauges. :(

The Defi ones have the cool link system, but this is extra expense. They illuminate in green I believe, and so match the normal Supra dash arrangement nicely. They would probably be my choice.

I got HKS DB oil temp and pressure pillar mounted and HKS Boost where the clock used to be looks the buisness also found a easier way to plum them in you are welcome to bring the motor down and i will do it for you if you decide to go oil temp and pressure mechanical gauges, will take some picks when i get home ;)

HKS. Harking back to that thread about TF&TF that was on ITV the other week... see when Vin gets out of the RX7 with indiglo blue dials and the HKS gauges everywhere - SO nice.

Unless your indiglo dials change from blue to green (my last ones had 7 shades of blue to green) in which case the green would match the rest of the dash area and go with Defi gauges. :p