The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost controller help

cainhead

Having a few issues with my boost controller. Its a Blitz SBC Dual controller. I have set it up as per recommendations I have read on the forum, but it doesnt seem to make a difference with the boost. Its seems to be limiting it to around 0.6 bar in all 4 presets. When I set it to off, it lets it boost to 1.2 and over. I having to keep an eye on the boost gauge so that I dont go over this. However yesterday even in switched off mode it limited it at 0.8. Something funny is going on.

So what would really help me out is if anyone has a boost controller that I could borrow for a weekend to test the car with. One they know is working. I am in the London area but do travel a lot and could pick it up. Any help is much appreciated. PM me if yo can help.

Many thanks

Have adjusted the gain or offset? Without this it will not make more than the baseline boost..

Do u have a decat and exhaust?

Have adjusted the gain, but not the offset. Didnt see that in the manual online. I thought the gain changed how quickly they came in rather than how much boost you made.

Have 2nd decat and HKS exhaust.

The gain is indeed how fast the turbos come online. The volume is normally a percentage setting, so for instance, if your boost is 1 bar with it off, to achieve 1.2 bar, you'd set the volume to 20 - 20%. It's not an exact science, but should give you a start.

Also note, that you should keep the gain setting as low as possible, and never higher than the volume setting. I'd start the gain on about 5-8

The gain is indeed how fast the turbos come online. The volume is normally a percentage setting, so for instance, if your boost is 1 bar with it off, to achieve 1.2 bar, you'd set the volume to 20 - 20%. It's not an exact science, but should give you a start.

Also note, that you should keep the gain setting as low as possible, and never higher than the volume setting. I'd start the gain on about 5-8

What you have said is how I read it in the manual and from other posts, so that's what I have been trying, but the boost never goes above what it makes in the off mode. Going to have a good read through the manual again this evening, but it's not a complicated device to operate which is annoying me even more.

One question. In the off mode I take it the solenoid just let's the boost vacuum pass through as if it were not there. If the controller was faulty could effect this even in the off mode?

Cheers for your comments so far. All the fun of owning the car I guess!

Can you set the controller to Auto mode instead of Manual mode?

If so, this would be a good indication to check if you have it plumbed in correctly.

Are you able to confirm how you have it plumbed in? Are you 100% that this could not be the issue?

The blitz dual sbc doesn't have an auto mode, it's the first ebc I owned, and to be honest, it's by far my favourite. I've now got a gizmo which is equally as easy to set up.

Are you sure you've definitely plumbed it in correctly ?

Have you disabled the tvsv ?

The blitz dual sbc doesn't have an auto mode, it's the first ebc I owned, and to be honest, it's by far my favourite. I've now got a gizmo which is equally as easy to set up.

Are you sure you've definitely plumbed it in correctly ?

Have you disabled the tvsv ?

I used the photo guide MKIV.COM, and re checked it again when I replaced all the pipes last summer. Also if it was plumbed wrong would the car not run funny, and have no turbo at all. I bought the BC a few years back but didn't really play about with it much as I was waiting until I sorted out the BPU mods, hence not really noticing these issues before.

This is the guide I used http://mkiv.com/techarticles/blitz_dsbc/index.html

Which part is disabling the tvsv

Cheers