The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need some help finding seat subframes

Twisted

So I've bought a pair of nice bucket seats from a member on here. They aren't branded and have no markings on them to distinguish where they we manufactured.

The problem i'm having is getting them fitted to the car (I knew this would be a problem before I bought them so no dramas there). I have sliders on them and I don't fancy the epic of dismantling the electric drivers seat to weld the subframe onto the new seats.

So finally to the point. How can I find out what rails are best for me to use?

They look very similar to recaros but I don't want to buy recaros and find out its impossible to get them to fit. Even with mods.

These are some of the measurements on the sliders on the seats with pics

Total length of rail: 310mm

Distance between centers of rear hole and 2nd from front: 255mm

Distance between centers of rear hole and forward most hole: 275mm

Distance between centre of each rail: 395mm

Can anyone help me at all? I really don't want to be wasting money trying to find out

thanks in advance

Tristan

Edited by Twisted (see edit history)

These my old seats?

First off, I was going to fit them with some feet that were made my a member on here.

But the feet were slightly out, as in a bit skinny.

However, I managed to bolt them to the runners easily, via the holes on the flat part of the runners.

I was going to get another bar welded on to make these fit but my whole project went out the window with redundancy.

Now all I can suggest is getting new feet made up.

A few bits of metal and some welding could easily be done.

These my old seats?

First off, I was going to fit them with some feet that were made my a member on here.

But the feet were slightly out, as in a bit skinny.

However, I managed to bolt them to the runners easily, via the holes on the flat part of the runners.

I was going to get another bar welded on to make these fit but my whole project went out the window with redundancy.

Now all I can suggest is getting new feet made up.

A few bits of metal and some welding could easily be done.

They are indeed :)

Another problem I have is the metalsmiths in work are rammed with work and I'm not keen on paying for it. I can ask again and see if they can make some up for me. I jusy have to be patient.

So let me make sure I've got this right. The bits that bolt into the floor and attach to the rails (4 shaped but of metal with bolt holes) can be bolted straight onto the seats rails with a little part welded on? I thought that may have the seat sitting too low.

I found that the rails aren't quite long enough to fit straight in with the parts bolted on. Is this the same for you?