The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Collectible Supra

Guest Calvino

Guest Calvino

Hello everybody from Italy! I'm tuscany guy, toyota lovers from ever. I hope to buy my first Supra soon, but my requirement it's very high, maybe... I want a most collectible Supra version! Nothing TRD or tuned cars...I want a 100% stock cars...I know the different body type, the different engine type, different gear box type, restyling and pre-restyling version but i don't know who are the engine, body,gear,color,version and year combine more rare and collectible... In your opinion, how is it the most collectible version?

Forgot...LHD Cars !!!

Thanks

If you're not interested in LHD or TRD then a UK spec 6 speed in white is probably as rare as you get or anything from 2002 from Japan.

- - - Updated - - -

You want to be looking for a low mileage Eurospec TT6 in RSP blue, or 1A1 anthracite in my opinion.

All eurospecs apart from UK are LHD aren't they ?

If you're not interested in LHD or TRD then a UK spec 6 speed in white is probably as rare as you get or anything from 2002 from Japan.

- - - Updated - - -

All eurospecs apart from UK are LHD aren't they ?

Seems that he's looking for a LHD car mate, not excluding them.

Guest Calvino

I don't know about collectible but rarity always demands a greater price!

I was told I'd never find my current TT6 hardtop in 1A1 due to how few were actually made but it was all I wanted and finally one popped up for sale in Japan.

I'd focus more on the car you actually want and enjoy having it!

Thanks all!!!

I want ONLY LHD!!! It seems that everyone agreed on a TT6 speed coupe... Why not a targa (Aerotop)?

Because they were all aero top. If you want the most collectible then the most common is probably not what you want. :)

Americans go mad for non aero top cars. Mostly because they are super rare.

Guest Calvino
Ying and Yang. :)

Right. But just 1 year ago this type of Supra was sale at 22-23K €... now, this is up to 33k €!!!! Is it possible? 10K € in just 1 year???

Guest Calvino
I don't believe those colours were available in Europe as they are facelift colours and facelifts were not sold in Europe

Because they were all aero top. If you want the most collectible then the most common is probably not what you want. :)

Americans go mad for non aero top cars. Mostly because they are super rare.

Silver is a very common colour if you want rare and collectable

Best Guigsy! You understand very well what do i want... American going crazy for coupe :( but i'm going crazy for aerotop TTauto :( This is a big problem, more collectible are coupe, but i love aerotop and i'm going to use the car, not leave alone stop in a garage...

I see the aerotop price increase despite all, but about 99% of sale Supra is Aerotop. Does it a collectability index?

What do you think about aerotop TTauto collectability?

Thank you

P.S. Year most collectable?

Edited by Calvino (see edit history)

Yes! Make a mistake between Alpine and Anthracite?

Doubt that! As there are definitely more alpine cars than 1A1 and there are no facelift 1A1s.

Possibly all 1A1s were manufactured in 1993 but some were not registered until 1994!?

Guest Calvino
Doubt that! As there are definitely more alpine cars than 1A1 and there are no facelift 1A1s.

Possibly all 1A1s were manufactured in 1993 but some were not registered until 1994!?

I see that many Supra are register a lot of time after manufactured! It's simple find, for example, a 93 manufacturer but with 1st registration in 94...

Sorry everybody for my next blasphemy, but i don't like this TRD. I like tuning, but The Supra have been customized in all ways that even that TRD i seem like any cheap tuning ...